[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
Language Exchange/New Friend? - UniLang

Language Exchange/New Friend?

Moderator: Meera

marybee

Language Exchange/New Friend?

Postby marybee » 2009-05-27, 13:06

Namaste!
Mera name Bridget hai. And my Hindi needs work :-)
Anyone for voice chat? Native speakers would be wonderful, but any are welcome!

m.bridget12
^Skype address. Look me up :D

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Language Exchange/New Friend?

Postby Meera » 2009-05-28, 0:21

namaste, mera naam meera hai. mera hindi bhi khaaraab hai. mai hindi seekh rahi hoon. Do you also have msn?

amyswan

Postby amyswan » 2011-03-14, 6:24

Guys count me in.. i am also trying to learn it but no avail so far.

Jesus Bhai

Postby Jesus Bhai » 2011-04-16, 3:30

Hey there guys. I'm always looking to chat with people who are interested in the desi scene. Be it music, scripts, the language itself. I'm not the best teacher out there, but I do know the ins and outs of Both Devanagari and Gurmukhi, so I'd be happy to help. Check out my profile if you'd like to get in contact.
Interested in practicing urdu over IM services, check my profile for contact info. Big interest in Old Hindustani and Punjabi music, always uploading songs to my youtube channel.

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2011-04-19, 15:13

Jesus Bhai wrote:Hey there guys. I'm always looking to chat with people who are interested in the desi scene. Be it music, scripts, the language itself. I'm not the best teacher out there, but I do know the ins and outs of Both Devanagari and Gurmukhi, so I'd be happy to help. Check out my profile if you'd like to get in contact.

क्या आप हिंदी या पंजाबी बोल सकते हैं? मैं पंजाबी सीखना चाहती हूँ . मैं हिंदी प्रक्टिस चाहिए लेकिन मेरी हिंदी बहुत ख़राब है. मुझे हिंदी समझती हूँ लेकिन मुझको बोल अच्छी नहीं सकती. :P
अहिंसा
TAC 2015:  (hi) (ja) (ar) (fr)
Loves: (bn) (ta) (id) (tr) (ur)

Jesus Bhai

Postby Jesus Bhai » 2011-04-19, 15:36

Hi there. Speaking wise when it comes to Hindi I'm probably around the same level as you. I've been to India a few times and can communicate if needed but I don't use the language much in conversation nowadays so I'm probably rusty. From what I've seen your Hindi is fine, you just need some practice to refine it. You're doing a good job though! I can read and write Devanagari just fine but I recently took up Nastaliq and Urdu, that's an entirely different story. Not a good one...

My Punjabi situation is kind of goofy. I grew up listening to my family speak it so I can Understand it quite well, I recently thought to myself "Why not learn to write in Gurmukhi?" that I finished up in about a months time.

So I can read, write and understand Punjabi. My Punjabi speaking is kind of...how to say..Potty Mouthed, so I don't speak Punjabi too much. A lot of my friends back in school used to speak a really filthy version of Punjabi, which I happened to pick up a lot of, rendering my grammar kind of bad. My friend suggested to basically learn all the rules from scratch and learn some less harsh language, so that I don't sound like an uneducated villager! :D So he sent me some of his textbooks he used to use. Hopefully that cleans up that problem. :D

If any of you guys are interested, we could organize chats on Skype/Msn/Aim, whatever works. I think that would be a neat way to learn together. I assume we all have similar books and resources, so why not go through those resources alongside one another, asking questions to the others if problems arise, that sort of thing.

What do you guys think?
Interested in practicing urdu over IM services, check my profile for contact info. Big interest in Old Hindustani and Punjabi music, always uploading songs to my youtube channel.

Return to “Hindi/Urdu (हिन्दी/اُردو)”