[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Who's your best singer? - UniLang

Who's your best singer?

Moderator: Meera

amyswan

Who's your best singer?

Postby amyswan » 2011-03-09, 5:17

Who do you think is a better hindi/urdu singer?

1- Sonu Nigarm
2- K.K
3- Shaan
4- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan
5- Shafqat amanat ali

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Who's your best singer?

Postby Meera » 2011-03-09, 21:21

Sukhwinder Singh and Shreya Ghoshal. Also Suhindhi Chachucan
अहिंसा
TAC 2015:  (hi) (ja) (ar) (fr)
Loves: (bn) (ta) (id) (tr) (ur)

amyswan

Postby amyswan » 2011-03-10, 5:32

Thanks Meera.. Sunidhi is my favorite too but i believe Alka is the best talent of India.

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2011-03-12, 7:23

Yes Alka is great. But she hasn't sang much lately.
अहिंसा

amyswan

Postby amyswan » 2011-03-14, 6:06

it's probably because the other girls have overshadowed her like Sunidi and Shreya are in a fierce competition now but she has a voice that drives me crazy. have you heard her song from khamoshi movie baahon ke darmiyaan. i love her vocals in that particular songs.

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2011-03-14, 18:50

Yes I love that song.
अहिंसा

Jesus Bhai

Postby Jesus Bhai » 2011-04-16, 3:25

I've got too many favorites.

Indian:
Mohammed Rafi
Kishore Kumar
Mukesh
Manna De
Asa Singh Mastana
Surinder Kaur
Jagjit Singh

Pakistani:
Masood Rana
Ahmed Rushdi
Alam Lohar
Ustaad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
Ustaad Rahat Fateh Ali Khan
Ustaad Asad Amanat Ali Khan
Inayat Hussain Bhatti

Take a look in the music threads around here, I'm posting clips from all these guys every evening.
Interested in practicing urdu over IM services, check my profile for contact info. Big interest in Old Hindustani and Punjabi music, always uploading songs to my youtube channel.

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2011-04-19, 3:32

Jesus Bhai wrote:I've got too many favorites.

Indian:
Mohammed Rafi
Kishore Kumar
Mukesh
Manna De
Asa Singh Mastana
Surinder Kaur
Jagjit Singh

You don't like Lata or Asha? Or even Alka? Their voices are legendary.
अहिंसा

Jesus Bhai

Postby Jesus Bhai » 2011-04-19, 5:34

I'm not really a fan of many female singers. Lata I only like a few songs, the others I usually tolerate because they're a duet with Rafi or Kishore, or Mukesh.

Asha I don't mind at all. She's usually fine. I don't listen to much modern music so I haven't heard much Alka.

When it comes to female singers, I'm very particular. I also tend to prefer Punjabi songs when it comes to female singers. Surinder Kaur, Munawar Sultana, Ranjit Kaur, Jagmohan Kaur, etc. Though I have heard some songs by Sunidhi Chauhan and liked them quite a bit.
Interested in practicing urdu over IM services, check my profile for contact info. Big interest in Old Hindustani and Punjabi music, always uploading songs to my youtube channel.

amyswan

Postby amyswan » 2011-04-19, 6:01

Jesus Bhai wrote:I'm not really a fan of many female singers. Lata I only like a few songs, the others I usually tolerate because they're a duet with Rafi or Kishore, or Mukesh.

Asha I don't mind at all. She's usually fine. I don't listen to much modern music so I haven't heard much Alka.

When it comes to female singers, I'm very particular. I also tend to prefer Punjabi songs when it comes to female singers. Surinder Kaur, Munawar Sultana, Ranjit Kaur, Jagmohan Kaur, etc. Though I have heard some songs by Sunidhi Chauhan and liked them quite a bit.

Oh i hate that Punjabi kind of music.. they just kill the feel of a song with overwhelming punjabi touch. However, Babbu Mann's songs are better to some extent. I remember his album dil taan pagal hai and most of the songs were awesome.

I suggest you to listen to bahon ke darmiyan from the movie Khamoshi. Alka sang the song beautifully and if i am not wrong she got a silver screen award on that.

Jesus Bhai

Postby Jesus Bhai » 2011-04-19, 14:54

That overwhelming Punjab touch is what draws me to such music.It's why I listen to Folk Music and not Bhangra. A big part of it is the lyrical genius of the songs. You had songs or poems by The late Shiv Kumar Batalvi, Dev Tharikewala, Didar Sandhu, Amar Singh Chamkila. Or you had great punjabi classics by Baba Bulleh Shah, Shah Hussain, Waris Shah, etc.

Then when you take real hardcore Punjabis like Mohammed Sadiq and Ranjit Kaur, who bring the experience of those lyrics to you through their live performances, it combines the excellence of the lyrics with those uniquely sounding Punjabi voices and creates something that is hard to find somewhere else.

I see the music as a medium through which I can explore my great Punjabi Heritage. I've not listened to a lot of Babu Mann songs, but I have to give him props for thinking outside the box with his lyrics and not churning out the usual folkhop songs which involve: Jatts, Sharabi, etc.

That one by Alka I've actually heard :D. While it is a nice song, her voice lacks what I'm looking for in a female voice. There are a few real early songs by Lata Mangeshkar where I can agree with people who say "She has a legendary voice, top notch" and all that. I'm fonder of Asha because she sang a lot of duets with Mohammed Rafi and Kishore which happen to be among my favorite songs. When I hear some Alka songs, the songs may be nice, but it feels like more of the same.

Listening to some of the songs by Sunidhi Chauhan or by Shreya Goshal, something seems different there and that peaks my curiosity and gets me interested in listening to more of their songs. "I didn't know they could do this with their voice, I wonder if they do it in another song" That sort of thing.

I hope at least some of that made sense. :D

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2011-04-19, 14:59

WHy dont you like female singers? Is it because of the high pitch? I love Lata, Asha, Alka and Shreya. I love their voices. I also love Manna De, Mohhamad Rafi, Kishore Kumar etc. But my favorite male singers now are Sukhwinder Singh and Dalher Mehndi. Also Ar Rahman :D And for female's now I like Chitra, Shreya Ghoshal, Suhindi, and Kavita Seth.
अहिंसा

Jesus Bhai

Postby Jesus Bhai » 2011-04-19, 15:27

Oh, Don't get me wrong, I do love some female singers. I just have stronger preferences regarding what I look for in a Female Voice. When it comes to female voices I probably don't like anyone more than Surinder Kaur. She sang a lot of early Bollywood songs as well as Punjabi songs. I'll post some links in one of my updates soon.

amyswan

Postby amyswan » 2011-04-20, 6:41

Definitely Lata and Asha are the universities of singing who can beat them. Although, Alka has got something natural in her voice just like Sonu nigam has. Organic voice that appeals to ears. and the biggest achievement she has that is also a record in Indian history. Once in filmfare awards all 5 of her songs were nominated. It has happened one more time with Javed Akhtar when all of his lyrical songs got nominated. Just 2 of them have obtained that honor so far in the history of Indian film industry.

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2011-04-21, 5:08

Jesus Bhai wrote:Oh, Don't get me wrong, I do love some female singers. I just have stronger preferences regarding what I look for in a Female Voice. When it comes to female voices I probably don't like anyone more than Surinder Kaur. She sang a lot of early Bollywood songs as well as Punjabi songs. I'll post some links in one of my updates soon.

ooh lol alot of my american freinds say they dont like female singers because of the high pitch :P But I love it lol
अहिंसा

kalemiye

Postby kalemiye » 2011-04-24, 14:42

My absolutely favourite is Mohammed Rafi, I can't understand a word of what he sings but he's voice is soothing and really conveys the mood of the songs. In my opinion, a legend, and I wish he was better known abroad! :)
"Demə Məcnuna dəli, bəlkədə Leyla dəlidir
Eşq olan yerdə bütün aqilü dana dəlidir.
"

Not available
"Düşdü yenə dəli könlüm gözlərinin xəyalinə,
Kim nə bilir bu könlümün fikri nədir, xəyalini.
"

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2011-04-24, 15:48

kalemiye wrote: I can't understand a word of what he sings

This is why you must learn Hindi/Urdu ;)

You know Mohammad Rafi recorded a song in Afghanistan in Farsi?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGzQNU1OD8U

He's a legend.
अहिंसा

Jesus Bhai

Postby Jesus Bhai » 2011-04-25, 3:02

Rafi used to sing songs in all kinds of languages. In addition to Bollywood songs, he used to sing quite a few Punjabi songs. Then there were all the songs he sung in South Indian languages like Tamil and Telegu. The guy had quite a voice.

Kishore Kumar was the one who was known for yodeling but Rafi was also quite good at it. Now you guys got me in a mood to listen to Rafi songs :D

amyswan

Postby amyswan » 2011-04-25, 6:15

I always liked Kishore Kumar, hardly listens to Rafi but i m 100% sure of one thing that Rafi's throat was much productive than Kishore's. He used to sing the toughest songs, i remember some of his songs. On the other hand, Kishore made smashing hits but such songs usually had straight nodes.

TeneReef

Postby TeneReef » 2011-04-30, 17:19

My favorite singer, is the most famous Bollywood singer.

A Malayali

കൃഷ്ണകുമാര്‍ കുന്നത്ത്
Krishnakumar Kunnath
K K

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krishnakumar_Kunnath
:wink:
learning:  (ne)  (sv)  (es-ar)  (hi) (Assamese, Gujarati, Hindi, Telugu)

Return to “Hindi/Urdu (हिन्दी/اُردو)”