[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
What we say to MACA Roots and Pumpkin in Hindi/Urdu? - UniLang

What we say to MACA Roots and Pumpkin in Hindi/Urdu?

Moderator: Meera

happpy

What we say to MACA Roots and Pumpkin in Hindi/Urdu?

Postby happpy » 2013-06-04, 19:32

Hello, Guys!

What we say to MACA Roots and Pumpkin in Hindi and Urdu? I request to any Indian to please tell me.

I would be grateful to you.

Regards,

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Re: What we say to MACA Roots and Pumpkin in Hindi/Urdu?

Postby Meera » 2013-06-13, 2:05

I don't know what MACA roots are, but Pumpkin is कद्दू (kadu)
अहिंसा
TAC 2015:  (hi) (ja) (ar) (fr)
Loves: (bn) (ta) (id) (tr) (ur)

mōdgethanc

Postby mōdgethanc » 2013-06-13, 15:12

Meera wrote:I don't know what MACA roots are

Maca. I hadn't heard of it before either.
but Pumpkin is कद्दू (kadu)
Kaddu. :wink:

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2013-06-13, 18:51

mōdgethanc wrote:

Wow I have no idea what that is in Hindi :oops: And thanks I don't how to write IPA :P
अहिंसा
TAC 2015:  (hi) (ja) (ar) (fr)
Loves: (bn) (ta) (id) (tr) (ur)

mōdgethanc

Postby mōdgethanc » 2013-06-13, 19:53

Meera wrote:
mōdgethanc wrote:

Wow I have no idea what that is in Hindi :oops: And thanks I don't how to write IPA :P
Oh no, in IPA it's /ˈkəd̪d̪uː/. I just wrote that because that's how it's spelled.

If you want to learn IPA you can look here and here but it's not all that useful for Hindi. It's much more useful for a language like French where the pronunciation of a word isn't as obvious from the spelling.

Return to “Hindi/Urdu (हिन्दी/اُردو)”