[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Hello. Can anybody translate the lyrics of this song? - UniLang

Hello. Can anybody translate the lyrics of this song?

Moderator: Meera

Terminator

Hello. Can anybody translate the lyrics of this song?

Postby Terminator » 2014-09-22, 15:57

It's in Hindi / Urdu, I think.

I don't have a lyrics for this song. Please, can you type the lyrics, from what you hear and / or give a translation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e4PJeG5EBY

"Niyaz - Nalona"

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Hello. Can anybody translate the lyrics of this song?

Postby Meera » 2014-09-26, 19:34

The song is very hard to understand. I tried to search for the lyrics but I couldn't find them. The lyrics are hard to make out in the song.
अहिंसा
TAC 2015:  (hi) (ja) (ar) (fr)
Loves: (bn) (ta) (id) (tr) (ur)

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-10-01, 23:43

According to this website:
“Nalona” is an ambient journey through sonic landscapes created by Loga on guitar viol and Azam singing in a language of her own design.

This suggests to me that the language of the song is in fact not Hindi but rather her (Azam Ali's) own conlang.

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-10-02, 5:36

vijayjohn wrote:According to this website:
“Nalona” is an ambient journey through sonic landscapes created by Loga on guitar viol and Azam singing in a language of her own design.

This suggests to me that the language of the song is in fact not Hindi but rather her (Azam Ali's) own conlang.

That's what I thought because the song is beyond impossible to understand lol
अहिंसा

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-10-02, 6:49

Haha I wouldn't have guessed because I just suck at making out lyrics just from listening to songs in any language anyway. :lol:

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-10-03, 5:23

vijayjohn wrote:Haha I wouldn't have guessed because I just suck at making out lyrics just from listening to songs in any language anyway. :lol:

Haha you know I think Hindi/Urdu songs are one of the eaisest langauges to decipher songs in. For some reason the songs are very repetive and a lot of vocabulary is used over and over again. For example I'm so lost in French songs :P
अहिंसा

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-10-03, 21:54

I agree. I find that to be the case with all kinds of Indian languages, really. But even then I can be so bad at telling what the lyrics are. :lol:

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-10-05, 5:55

Yeah they are, it seem European languages really go out there for lyrics. There are even so English songs I don't understand. But Indian Languages seem to use much of the same words. Its actually really cool for a language learner :P Even Ghazals seem to have a lot the same vocab.
अहिंसा

Return to “Hindi/Urdu (हिन्दी/اُردو)”