[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Hevokên Kurdî / Kurdish sentences - UniLang

Hevokên Kurdî / Kurdish sentences

Set

Hevokên Kurdî / Kurdish sentences

Postby Set » 2012-05-13, 11:04

Hey guys. I know this board isn't particularly active and unfortunately there aren't any native speakers (at least Kurmanji speakers) here at the moment, but I thought we could still help each other out with learning a little. There might not be anyone else actually learning Kurmanji at the moment, but if there is, this thread could be fun and beneficial. There already exist similar threads for Persian and Azeri and they seem to work well, so let's try one out here.

Basically we just need to find sentences which we're able to work out what it means. I have a text book which I'll take some sentences from because at least I have a vocabulary to go with it, but I'll also try other sources to expand on that. If you have a sentence of which you understand most of it, but one you're finding something tricky, then post it and maybe somebody else can help you out. But this isn't a thread to ask for translations.

So, let's try it out:

Welatê me ji me re teng bû. Cî ji bo me nema.

welat (m.) - country, home(land)
welatê me - our country (welat+masc. ezafe; me = oblique case of em = we)
ji me re - for us (ji...re is the circumposition meaning for or to)
teng bû - was risky (lit. tight) (bû is the past tense of bûn - to be)
cî (also cih) - place
ji bo me - for us (ji bo - preposition meaning for)
nema - was no longer (the past negative of verb 'man' which means to stay, so it lit. means it didn't stay the place for us)

Eskerên Romî ketin gundê me, û em ji ber wan revîyan.

esker (m.) - soldier
eskerên Romî - Turkish soldiers (esker+pl. ezafe; Rom is Turkey, sometimes called Rum in English)
ketin - they fell, on it's own this looks just like the infinitive 'to fall'
gund (m.) - village
ketin gundê me - they attacked (fell on) our village (usually the verb comes at the end, but when there is the sense of going to or giving to, that location/reciever comes after the verb and is in the oblique case)
û em - and we
ji ber wan - because of them (ji ber - because of (ji ber ku = because))(wan is the oblique case of 3rd person plural 'ew')
revîyan - we fled (past tense of revîyan, -(i)n shows that it is plural, but means it looks just like the inifinitive)

Notes:
You can't normally tell whether something is plural or singular, or what gender it is from a nominative noun, hence ew means he, she, it and they. In the oblique case shows all these things, so: wê = her, wî = him, wan = them.

These are the same endings that other nouns take in the oblique case according to their gender/number, although normally the masculine doesn't add an ending.

So: Bazar - nom.; bazarê - obl.; bazaran - obl. pl. (bazaar, market)
BUT: Taxtor - nom.; taxtor - obl. (regionally it might be said taxtorî); taxtoran - obl. pl. (doctor)
There are several masculine nouns which have an internal vowel change to show the oblique case: Ez diçim welêt - I'm going to the homeland, welat becomes welêt.

That's a lot of notes :hmm:
Native: (en) Good: (de) (ca) Focusing on: (fa) (ku) (ps) Interested in: (zza) (tr) (sw)

Set

Re: Hevokên Kurdî / Kurdish sentences

Postby Set » 2012-05-15, 14:16

Wê gavê partî û rêxistinên sîyasî derketin, ez jî bûm endamê partiyê, bûm pêşmerge û min dest bi şer kirinê ji bo gel û welatê xwe kir.

wê gavê - then, at that time (obl. of 'ew gav', thus used adverbially)
partî û rêxistinên sîyasî - the party and political organisations (rêxistin = organisation + pl. ezafe + sîyasî = political)
derketin - they arrived
ez jî bûm endamê partîyê - I also became a member of the party (bûn is 'to be', but when the noun comes afterwards and in the obl. case, then it means become (there are other differences with 'to be' and 'to become'))
bûm pêşmerge - (I) became a peshmerga (a Kurdish fighter, lit. those in front of death)
şer kirin - to fight
ji bo gel û welatê xwe - for my people and country ('xwe' means belonging to the subject of the clause, which here is 'min', 1st person singular)
min dest bi .... kir - I began to... (see below)

Ergative: In the past tense and only with transitive verbs, the verb goes into the ergative which means the subject goes into the oblique case and the object becomes the nominative and thus the verb agrees with the object.
Eg. min ew dît = I saw him/her (by me s/he was seen)
wî min dîtim = He saw me (by him I was seen)
Note in the obl. case the gender is visible.
Native: (en) Good: (de) (ca) Focusing on: (fa) (ku) (ps) Interested in: (zza) (tr) (sw)

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2012-05-17, 20:28

I wish I could do this too, but unforuntly I don't know much Kurdish.

But many of the words look familair from Turkish, Persian and Arabic.
अहिंसा
TAC 2015:  (hi) (ja) (ar) (fr)
Loves: (bn) (ta) (id) (tr) (ur)

Set

Postby Set » 2012-05-17, 20:40

If you were to do something similar to this in Turkish or Pashto, I would definitely follow it. I do this in case somebody else who wants to learn Kurmanji comes across it in the hope that it may help them....or encourage someone with a small interest!

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2012-05-18, 5:38

Set wrote:If you were to do something similar to this in Turkish or Pashto, I would definitely follow it. I do this in case somebody else who wants to learn Kurmanji comes across it in the hope that it may help them....or encourage someone with a small interest!

Turkish may work better since there are some active native speakers and about 3-5 active learners :D
अहिंसा

Set

Postby Set » 2012-05-19, 11:05

I've taken some sentences from the readings in Thackston's Kurmanji Grammar.

Gava timobîl bi rê ket, bê hemd çend hêsir ji çavên min herikîn...

gava - when
timobîl - car
bi rê ket - started out, lit. fell to the road
bê hemd - reluctantly
çend hêsir - a few tears (note, you cannot see the plural in the noun 'hêsir' itself)
ji çavên min - from my eyes (plural ezafe on 'çav')
herikîn - they flowed (looks the same as the infinitive)(note, the 'r' is rolled and the 'k' is aspirated)

Ji alîkî, ji hevalan bi dûr diketim, ji aliyê din birîna hêta min ez diêşandim.

ji alîkî, - on the one hand (lit. from one side)
ji hevalan bi dûr diketim - I was leaving my friends behind (heval + obl. plural ending because of prep. ji)
bi dûr diketim - lit. was falling to far ('di-' marks the imperfect when attached to the past stem)
ji aliyê din - on the other hand (lit. from (the) other side)
birîna hêta min - the wound on my thigh (fem. words with fem. ezafe)(also note this is technically in the obl. case as the subject of an ergative construction, but it is not visible because of the ezafe construction and the obl. marker does not get added to the adjective/pronoun)
ez diêşandim - was hurting me ('ez' object in ergative, diêşandim - agrees with the object and is also in the imperfect)

Set

Postby Set » 2012-06-01, 16:51

Bengîn di gundekî Kurdistanê yê piçûk de dijîya. Dibistan di gundê wî de tunebû.

Bengîn - male name
di...de - in (circumposition)
gundek - a village (gundekî, 'î' is the 'shortened' form of the masculine ezafe, used with -ek)
di gundekî Kurdistanê yê piçûk de - in a small Kurdistan village
dijîya - imperfect of jîyan - to live (note the 'di-', used in present indicative and imperfect, like 'mi-' in Persian)
dibistan - school
di gundê wî de - in his village
tunebû - lit. had not existed (there wasn't a school in his village)

Dibistana ku ew diçû'yê, bi çar kilometre ji mala wî dûr, li gundekî din bû.

dibistana ku - the school which (ezafe used to link a relative clause, like 'i' in Persian)
ew diçû'yê - he went (imperf.) to it (yê is the feminine obl. particle referring back to dibistan)(i.e. the school which he went to)
bi çar kilometre ji mala wî dûr - (to) 4 km from his house far (4 km away)
li gundekî din - in another village
- 3rd sg past of bûn, to be = was

Past perfect
The perfect participle is formed by removing the ending of the infinitive: -n/-in
çûn => çû (go - gone)
hatin => hat (come - come)
kirin => kir (do - done)
man => ma (stay - stayed)
Add the past tense of bûn (as in Persian) to form the past perfect. Participles ending in a consonant insert an 'i': hatibûm - I had come, çûbû - s/he/it had gone
Ergative is used in all past tenses: Min mal paqij nekiribû - I hadn't cleaned the house

li/di..de
Both 'li' and 'di...de' both mean in, however, I believe 'li' refers more to bigger, more open areas, eg. li bajêr - in the city, li Kurdistanê, whereas 'di...de' is something more specific 'di malê de' - in the house.
However, in the above examples we can see both are used with 'gund', so I don't think the difference is very clear. It would be great if a native or somebody who knows the difference could explain!

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2012-06-18, 5:52

Very useful stuff here, thanks set!
अहिंसा

Set

Postby Set » 2012-06-21, 1:09

I'm happy it's providing some use to someone! :D
In that case, I'm going to put up some more sentences:

''Tu ji Ewrûpa hatîye, ne ûsa ye?"
"Erê, lê çawa te fêm kir?"
"Bira,miletê me newêre bi jin û zarokên xwe re kurmancî xeber bide, tu jî dibêjî qey min ji ku fêm kirîye!"

Tu ji Ewrûpa hatîye - you have come from Europe
ne ûsa ye? - , right?
Erê, lê çawa te fêm kir? - yes, but how can you tell?, lit. how did you understand? (note: ergative construction)
miletê me - our people
newêre - don't dare (from wêran)
newêre bi jin û zarokên xwe re kurmancî xeber bide - don't dare to (even) speak to their own wives and children in Kurmanji
tu jî dibêjî qey min ji ku fêm kirîye! - and you (lit. you also) wonder how I could tell (lit. from where I have understood it)

Rohat êdî fêm kiribû ku gerek ew bala xwe bide û bi her kesî re kurmancî xeber nede.

Rohat êdî fêm kiribû ku - Rohat from then on realised that (lit. had understood that)
gerek ew - he must (it is necessary that he)
gerek ew bala xwe bide - he must be careful (lit. give attention to himself)
bi her kesî re - to everyone / anyone (with negative verbs)
kurmancî xeber nede - (he must) not speak Kurmanji

Set

Postby Set » 2012-06-22, 18:39

Ev du sal in, ku me tu nûçe ji bavê min wernegirtine. Ez û dîya xwe, em herdem bi meraq in.

Ev du sal in, ku - it has been two years since (lit. these are two years that + negative)
tu - no (news) (this t'u is aspirated, the tu meaning you is not)
me tu nûçe ji bavê min wernegirtine - we have not received any news from my father (ergative)
Ez û dîya xwe, em herdem bi meraq in - Me and my mother, we are both worried.
meraq - worry, trouble
bi meraq - worried, troubled

Set

Postby Set » 2012-08-03, 10:06

Ne carek tenê bû ku rahiştibûn tivingên xwe û bi hev çûbûn.

Ne carek tenê bû - not one-time only was / it wasn't just one time
ku rahiştibûn tivingên xwe - that they (had) grabbed their rifles
û bi hev çûbûn - and (had) argued/fought with each other

Kurê min, ku ez biçûma [Elmanya], min'ê ne wekî wî Ahmê bêdîn xanî ava bikirana; min'ê li gund mektebek bidaya çêkirin, da ku zarokên gund bikarin bixwînin.

kurê min - my son
ku ez biçûma Elmanya - if I had gone to Germany (biçûma is imperfect conditional)
ne wekî - not like
wî Ahmê bêdîn - that religionless (i.e. evil) Ahmed
min'ê [ne] xanî ava bikirana - I would not have built houses (note min'ê - this shows the second part of the conditional structure, otherwise the verb is the same as in the first part)
min'ê li gund mektebek bidaya çêkirin - I would have built a school in the village (bidaya - imperfect conditional of the 'dan' (give), here meaning to have sth done)
da ku - so that + subjunctive
da ku zarokên gund bikarin bixwînin - so that the children of the village could (can) study.

Set

Postby Set » 2012-09-23, 13:36

Endamên opozisyona Sûrî li Dîmeşqa paytext kom bûn û daxwaza hilweşandina rejîma Sûrî kir.

endam - organ, institution
paytext - capital city
kom bûn - to gather (here also: they gathered)
daxwaza tiştekî kirin - to request/demand something (similar to Persian: xwāhān-e chizi shodan)
hilweşandin - to destroy, to overthrow / destruction, overthrow (n.)

Li gor ajansa Associated Press, endamên 16 partîyên opozisyonê di wê konferansê de beşdar bûn bi rêberatîya Encûmena Hevkarîya Niştîmanî bo Guherîna Demokratîk li Sûrîyê.

li gor - according to
ajans - (news) agency
beşdar bûn - to participate
bi rêberatîya - under the leadership of
rêber - leader (Persian: rahbar)
Hevkarî - cooperation
niştîmanî - national
bo - for (cf. ji bo)
Guherîna Demokratîk - democratization (lit. the becoming of / turning into democracy)

Limagne

Postby Limagne » 2012-09-23, 16:24

Ev sedsal azmûna Kurdan e; "Ger Yekîtiya Neteweyî pêk neye rîska winda kirinê zêde ye".

ev sedsal : this century (sedsal: feminine)
azmûn (ezmûn: feminine) : test of the Kurds
e : is
ger : if
yekîtîa neteweyî : national unity (yekîtî: feminine)
pêk neye : doesn't happen (pêk hatin : to take place, to happen)
rîska winda kirinê zêde ye : there's a greater risk of disappearing

I hope I didn't get anything wrong, I still don't know much Kurdish :P

Set

Postby Set » 2012-09-23, 18:02

Looks good Limagne! We seem to have a monopoly on this sentence thing here on Unilang :lol:
And a good idea with the genders, I completely forgot about them.

Rêberê demkî yê Lîbyayê fermana hilweşandina hemû komelên çekdarî yên ne qanûnî da, piştî xwepêşandanên mezin li dijî çekdaran hatin kirin.

demkî - interim, temporary
fermana tiştekî dan - to order sth
hilweşandin (f.) - see two posts up; all verbs are feminine when used as nouns.
hemû - all
komele (f.) - group, club, band
çekdarî - armed
çek (m.) - weapon (regionally: clothing)
ne qanûnî - illegal, unlawful
xwepeşandan (f.) - demonstration
mezan - big
li dijî - against
hatin kirin - were made (the demonstrations)

Hatîye ragihandin ku komela çekdarî ya Ensar El Şerîya têkelî hebû bi êrîşa roja 11’ê Îlonê û kuştina çar dîplomatên Amerîkî li Binxazî.

hatîye ragihandin ku - it has been communicated that
têkelî / têkilî (f.) - link, relationship
têkelî hebûn bi - to have sth to do with, be involved in sth
êrîş (f.) - attack
Îlon (m.) - September
kuştin (f.) - to kill / the killing

Set

Postby Set » 2012-09-25, 11:29

Karbidestekê Îranî dibêje ku divê Îran merasîma xelatên Oscar ya sala 2013 boykot bike, piştî belavbûna flîmekê ku bêrêzî bi pêxember Muhemedî dike.

Cewad Şamaxdarî, berpirsê ajansa sînemayê ya ser bi dewletê, dibêje ku divê Îran beşdarî li festîvala Hollywoodê neke, li gor Associated Press.

Fîlma “Yek Hebbê Qend” ji layê komîteyeke Îranî ve hatîye destnîşankirin da ku jibo wergirtina xelata Oscar beşdar bibe , lê belê hikûmeta Îranê hêşta razîbûna xwe ranegihandîye.

Şamaxdarî dibêje divê Îran Oscarê boykot bike eger rêkxerên Oscarê fîlma li dijî Îslamê, ku li Amerîkayê hatîye çêkirin, şermezar nekin.

karbidest (m/f) - someone in a position of authority, like a businessman or politician
merasîma xelatên Oscar - the Oscars' award ceremony
belavbûn (f.) - to circulate, the circulation
bêrêzî bi kesî kirin - to disrespect, mock
berpirs - responsible (here a noun)
destnîşankirin - to define, make clear; here: put forward
da ku - in order to, for
lê belê - but
hêşta - still, until now
razîbûn (f.) - to be satisfied, satisfaction
rêkxer - organiser(s)
çêkirin - to make, produce
şermezar - ashamed

Set

Postby Set » 2012-09-25, 23:24

Şandeke partîyên Kurdî li Sûrîyê serdana Kurdistana Îraqê dikin jibo encamdana gotûbêjan li ser rewşa Sûrîyê û têkelîyên navbera herdu alîyan.

Sekretêrê Patîya Çep a Kurdî li Sûrîyê Mihemedê Mûsê, ku endam e di wê şandê de, gote Dengê Amerîka ku armanc di serdana wan de bo Kurdistana Îraqê encamdana giftûgoyan e bi hêzên Kurdistanî re derbarê rewşa Sûrîyê.

Birêz Mihemedê Mûsê herwiha dibêje ku em dixwazin mifayê ji tecrûba Kurdistana Îraqê bibînin û em hêvîya piştgîrîyê ji wan dikin.

Sekretêrê Partîya Çep got ku hêvîya me ne bitenê piştgîrîya sîyasî ye, lê belê piştgîrîya medyayî û piştgirîya mirovatî jî.

Birêz Mihemed herwiha got ku genc û xortên me li Kurdistana Îraqê hatin tedrîb kirin, lê belê heta nuha derbasî rojavayê Kurdistanê nebûne.

şande - delagation
*serdan (f.) - visit
*encamdan (f.) - setting up, execution (of)
gotûbêj (f.) - conversation (Persian: goft-o-go)
rewş (f.) - situation
têkelî / têkilî (f.) - relationship
navbera herdu alîyan - between both sides
endam - member (m./f.); limb (m.)
armanc (f.) (di...de) - aim, intention (of)
hêz (f.) - force, power
derbarê - about
herwiha - in the same way
mifa (m.) - benefit
tecrûb (f.) - experience
hêvîya tiştekî kirin - to hope for sth
piştgirî (f.) - support
bitenê - only
medyayî - media (adj.)
mirovatî (f.) - humanity
Birêz - a sign of respect, like Mr. or Mrs. (not 100% sure on this though)
genc û xort - young people, youth
tedrîb kirin - to teach
heta nuha - until now
rojava (m.) - West
derbasî bûn - to cross, pass (into) (I think!)

* Nouns that end in '-dan' can also be used as verbs, I think mostly written separately, e.g. ser dan.

Limagne

Postby Limagne » 2012-09-27, 13:12

Great sentences, Set. I'm going to learn all the new vocabulary now :)

Kîjan hunermend beşdarî Festîvala Muzîkê ya Amedê dibin?

kîjan - what ?
hunermend - artist
beşdarî ... bûn - to take part in sth
festîval (f) - festival
muzîk (f) - music (muzîkê is in the oblique case since it is the second member of the ezafe chain)
ya - extended ezafe linking festîval to amedê
Amedê (f) - Diyarbakir (oblique case)

1'emîn Mîhrîcana Mûzîkê ya Amedê ya bi dirûşmeya "Em bi deng û rengê hunerê ber bi azadiyê ve dimeşin" dê li Amedê di navbera 25-30'ê îlonê de bê lidarxistin.

yekemîn - the first
mîhrîcan (f) - festival
dirûşm (f) - slogan
bi - with (usually only used with objects and abstract concepts)
ya bi dirûşmeya - with the slogan... the -ya- ezafe links mîhrîcan to bi dirûşmeya
em - we (nominative)
bi deng (m) û rengê (m) - with the voice and colour of... (rengê is the ezafe form of reng)
huner (f) - art (hunerê : oblique case required by the ezafe construction with bi deng û rengê)
ber bi... ve - towards
azadî (f) - freedom (azadiyê : oblique case required by ber bi... ve)
dimeşin - we walk (meşîn, bimeşe, meşîyan : to walk)
dê - will (auxiliary of the simple future tense)
li Amedê - in Diyarbakir
di navbera ... de - between
25-30'ê îlonê - 25th and 30th September (îlonê : oblique case required by di navbera ... de)
lidarxistin - to organize, to prepare sth
dê ... bê lidarxistin - will be organized

Di çarçoveya mîhrîcanê de guhdariya mûzîkê, kolana muzîkê, dîwana dengbêjan û konser dê li gelek taxên Amedê bên lidarxistin.

di çarçoveya ... de - in the context of (çarçove : f.)
guhdarî (f) - listening
kolan (f) - :?:
dîwan (f) - palace / gathering
dengbêj - singer (dengbêjan : plural form of the oblique case)
konser (f) - concert
dê ... bên lidarxistin - will be organized (3rd person plural, future, passive)
li gelek taxên (f) Amedê - in a lot of districts of Diyarbakir
Last edited by Limagne on 2012-09-27, 15:11, edited 3 times in total.

Set

Postby Set » 2012-09-27, 14:38

'Kolan' means small street, like jadeh in Persian: http://ku.wiktionary.org/wiki/kolan

I'll start putting the words from here up on the memrise list too.

Serok Barack Obama daxwaz ji rêberên cîhanê kir li dijî tundûtûjî û tundrewî xebatê bikin û dibêje ku cîhan bitenê bi azadî û bênfirehî pêş diçe.

Serok Obama roja Sêşemê gotarek pêşkeşî 67-emîn civîna salane ya Civata Giştî ya Neteweyên Yekbûyî li New Yorkê kir.

Beşekê mezin yê gotara serokî taybet bû bi xwepêşandanên bi tundûtîj li welatên Musilmanan, piştî belavbûna fîlmekê ku bêrêzî bi Pêxember Mihemedî dike.

Serok Obama got, ew flîm karekê kirêt û bêmana bû, lê belê ev yek rewayî nade kuştina xelkê bêguneh, di nav de balyozê Amerîkayê li Lîbyayê Chris Stevens.

Di gotara xwe de Serok herwiha rexneyên tund li rejîma Beşar El Esed li Sûrîyê û Îranê girt.

tundûtûjî (f.) - violence
tundrewî / tundrawî (f.) - radicalism
li dijî ... xebatê kirin - to work against
bênfirehî - tolerance, patience
pêş çûn - to advance
gotar(f.) - speech
pêşkêşî kirin - to present, offer
beş (f.) - part, portion
taybet - especially, particularly
xwepêşanden (f.) - demonstration
tundûtîj - I think it should be tundûtûjî (there are a lot of typos of Dengê Amerîka)
Pêxember - the Prophet, messenger
kirêt - bad, foul, dirty
bêmana - meaningless
rewayî (f.) - legitimacy
kuştin (f.) - to kill, the killing (of)
xelk (m.) - people
bêguneh - innocent, without sin
balyoz (f./m.) - ambassador
rexne (f.) - criticism
tund - sharp, powerful
rexne li kesî / tiştekî girtin - to criticize sb/sth

Limagne

Postby Limagne » 2012-09-27, 15:07

Set wrote:'Kolan' means small street, like jadeh in Persian: http://ku.wiktionary.org/wiki/kolan

Thanks, I was not sure of the exact meaning of the word as I couldn't understand the definition on Wikiferheng well.

Set wrote:tundûtîj - I think it should be tundûtûjî (there are a lot of typos of Dengê Amerîka)

True, and I think that bi tundûtîjî means "violent" (like پر خشونت in Persian).

The articles on TRT Xeber's website are also packed with typos :?

Set

Postby Set » 2012-09-27, 15:58

Limagne wrote:Thanks, I was not sure of the exact meaning of the word as I couldn't understand the definition on Wikiferheng well.

I found it in a Kurdish-German dictionary, but if you look down the Wikiferheng page you can also see 'cade', which is what confirmed it for me. It helps a lot having a good Persian/Arabic vocabulary, especially using Wikiferheng.

Limagne wrote:True, and I think that bi tundûtîjî means "violent" (like پر خشونت in Persian).

The articles on TRT Xeber's website are also packed with typos :?

I guess it's because they've lacked a unified group a la Academie Fracaise. Do you know about anyone trying to standardize the language in Northern Iraq?

Return to “Kurdish (Kurdî/کوردی)”