[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Persian Youtube videos - Page 2 - UniLang

Persian Youtube videos

Moderator: eskandar

Élan

Re: Persian Youtube videos

Postby Élan » 2010-12-16, 23:21

shah_mardaan wrote:I'm Atilla from Byzance State. I was going to Iran. And I made a slideshow about my trip. Please watch the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0j2HSCVOPU

Thank you for sharing your slideshow! I am very jealous--all of your pictures look so beautiful.

kalemiye wrote:I want to watch this movie/documentary named ARUSI PERSIAN WEDDING

I watched this documentary shortly after it came out because I had just started dating an Iranian guy. :lol: Normally I get a bit bored by the end of documentaries, but this one held my interest the whole way through. In fact, I wish they had covered the wedding planning more thoroughly. There is a scene in the movie when the 2 sets of parents meet and it's probably the most awkward thing I've ever seen. Really interesting film though!

kalemiye

Postby kalemiye » 2010-12-18, 10:43

kalemiye wrote:I want to watch this movie/documentary named ARUSI PERSIAN WEDDING

I watched this documentary shortly after it came out because I had just started dating an Iranian guy. :lol: Normally I get a bit bored by the end of documentaries, but this one held my interest the whole way through. In fact, I wish they had covered the wedding planning more thoroughly. There is a scene in the movie when the 2 sets of parents meet and it's probably the most awkward thing I've ever seen. Really interesting film though![/quote]

I havent watched it yet, but it's definitely still on top of my list.

I wonder if parents had a language in common. The problem I have is that if they are left alone they wouldn't be able to communicate; good news is both sets of parents approve the relationship and from time to time exchange small presents and emails, not to mention that Google Translate has made it easier.
"Demə Məcnuna dəli, bəlkədə Leyla dəlidir
Eşq olan yerdə bütün aqilü dana dəlidir.
"

Not available
"Düşdü yenə dəli könlüm gözlərinin xəyalinə,
Kim nə bilir bu könlümün fikri nədir, xəyalini.
"

Élan

Postby Élan » 2010-12-18, 15:47

kalemiye wrote:I wonder if parents had a language in common. The problem I have is that if they are left alone they wouldn't be able to communicate; good news is both sets of parents approve the relationship and from time to time exchange small presents and emails, not to mention that Google Translate has made it easier.

Are you talking about your own relationship here? May I ask the nationalities involved?

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2010-12-19, 20:29

shah_mardaan wrote:I'm Atilla from Byzance State. I was going to Iran. And I made a slideshow about my trip. Please watch the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0j2HSCVOPU

omg this makes me wanna learn persian seriously again :(
अहिंसा
TAC 2015:  (hi) (ja) (ar) (fr)
Loves: (bn) (ta) (id) (tr) (ur)

shah_mardaan

Postby shah_mardaan » 2010-12-19, 21:31

Meera wrote:omg this makes me wanna learn persian seriously again

Meera, thanks , however the video was about my travel. The much true sentence can be structed as:

"omg this makes me wanna travel farsi land seriously"

Sincerely :) :D

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2010-12-19, 21:42

Yes I know. But seeing the beautiful places there make me want to learn to Persian, thats what I meant by that :P
अहिंसा

Nazīr

Postby Nazīr » 2012-10-10, 0:36

Young Afghan women explain the challenges they face living as refugees in Iran.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8icpbjlPAlc
ख़ुसरो दरिया प्रेम का उल्टा वा धार । जो उतरा सो डूब गया जो डूबा सो पार | अमीर ख़ुसरौ दहलवी
O Khusro, the river of love runs in strange directions. |
The one who enters it drowns, and the one who drowns, gets across. |
Amīr Khusro of Dehlī (1253–1325 CE)

Yasna

Postby Yasna » 2012-10-10, 1:04

Nazīr wrote:Young Afghan women explain the challenges they face living as refugees in Iran.

That seemed awfully one-sided. I wonder if their experiences are truly representative of Afghani girls in Iran.
Ein Buch muß die Axt sein für das gefrorene Meer in uns. - Kafka

Nazīr

Postby Nazīr » 2012-10-11, 0:15

Yasna wrote:That seemed awfully one-sided. I wonder if their experiences are truly representative of Afghani girls in Iran.

Yes, because these women must surely have a reason to be lying, exaggerating, and misrepresenting their experiences to a student filmmaker working for a reputable NGO. :roll:

Racism, discrimination, and harassment against Afghans in Iran is well-documented (1) (2) (3). It goes without saying that refugees are usually among the most vulnerable and marginalized segments of any society.

Yasna wrote:Afghani Afghan girls
See here.
ख़ुसरो दरिया प्रेम का उल्टा वा धार । जो उतरा सो डूब गया जो डूबा सो पार | अमीर ख़ुसरौ दहलवी

Yasna

Postby Yasna » 2012-10-11, 1:53

Nazīr wrote:
Yasna wrote:That seemed awfully one-sided. I wonder if their experiences are truly representative of Afghani girls in Iran.

Yes, because these women must surely have a reason to be lying, exaggerating, and misrepresenting their experiences to a student filmmaker working for a reputable NGO. :roll:

Racism, discrimination, and harassment against Afghans in Iran is well-documented (1) (2) (3). It goes without saying that refugees are usually among the most vulnerable and marginalized segments of any society.

You're missing the point. I'm not doubting their personal experiences. I'm skeptical of whether those two personal experiences are representative of the experiences of the hundreds of thousands of Afghan women living in Iran.
Ein Buch muß die Axt sein für das gefrorene Meer in uns. - Kafka

Nazīr

Postby Nazīr » 2012-10-11, 6:14

Fair enough, but I think it's obvious to anyone watching the film that the two interviewees are describing not only about what happens to them, but also how other Afghans are treated. Note the use of we, us, Afghan girls, and Afghans in their speech.

Yes, they share their personal experiences, what has happened specifically to them, but they place those experiences in the context of a much larger social phenomenon. Not all of the hundreds of thousands of Afghan women in Iran face abuse and discrimination, and not all Iranians take part in it, but it happens often enough for it to be representative of the Afghan experience in Iran.

The UNCHR-sponsored study cited at the end of the film confirms much of what the interviewees say as being more than just isolated incidents (one example being how Tajik Afghans, who look more like Iranians and can obscure their national origin, tend to be more privileged and receive preferential treatment compared to Hazaras), as does this one:

Refugee Watch wrote:The women have complained that they are discriminated and are not allowed to make decisions. The Afghan women are also laughed at and mistrusted by the Iranians.

At the same time, it should be said that Iran deserves a lot of credit for hosting one of the world's largest refugee populations and providing them with social services at great cost. For years Afghan women in particular availed themselves of opportunities for educational, economic, and social advancement not available to them in their homeland. Unfortunately, the situation has deteriorated sharply in the past decade with the passing of new restrictions, as the video above demonstrates.

Limagne

Postby Limagne » 2012-10-23, 12:23

Here's a Tajik documentary (Jahonnamo TV) about Yaghnob valley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe1Hq_oK9B4&feature=related

Limagne

Postby Limagne » 2012-12-03, 17:58

Here's the final game of the first season of the Afghan Premier League.

It was broadcasted by Tolo TV in Dari.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcQgkf4xOm8

massy

Postby massy » 2013-07-17, 10:04

یوتویوب ایرانی
http://ww2.mehr.ir/

yippy

Postby yippy » 2014-02-24, 22:33

Googoosh, the most popular female Persian singer, released a pro-lgbt music video, in Persian, on February 14th this year. Needless to say, it was filmed abroad - in Berlin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbN2bUgg1ws

While it's subtle (that the main couple involved are lesbians is only revealed at the end, when they're shown gazing at each other and holding hands; until then, the gender of one of them is hidden), and the lyrics and tone are sad, it's a milestone in Persian-language music.

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-02-24, 23:41

yippy wrote:Googoosh, the most popular female Persian singer, released a pro-lgbt music video, in Persian, on February 14th this year. Needless to say, it was filmed abroad - in Berlin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbN2bUgg1ws

While it's subtle (that the main couple involved are lesbians is only revealed at the end, when they're shown gazing at each other and holding hands; until then, the gender of one of them is hidden), and the lyrics and tone are sad, it's a milestone in Persian-language music.

Wow, I have such a big respect for Googoosh now! That was such a brave thing to do.
अहिंसा

adventrue

Postby adventrue » 2014-04-24, 13:02

Was the Afghani girl exaggerating her experience?
On my second trip to Iran (three in total) I was often taken for an Afghani, because I wore AFghani clothes (Shalwar Kameez). I had come from there. I was regularly sexually harassed on the street, men thought it was fine to touch a lone Afghan woman whenever it pleased them. It was a traumatizing experience.
Unfortunately it took me some time to realize that all this was happening to me because of my clothes.

The other two times in Iran I was dressed as a Westerner, and was treated with the utmost respect.

Afghanis have it very very hard in Iran.

adventrue

Postby adventrue » 2014-04-25, 14:51

And it is not youtube, but manoto is a TV chain that is online, and they have countless of their programmes to view.

http://www.manoto1.com

danger_dave_2014

Postby danger_dave_2014 » 2014-09-06, 15:40

Return to “Persian/Farsi (فارسی)”