[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Short questions - Page 112 - UniLang

Short questions

Moderator: eskandar

Limagne

Re: Short questions

Postby Limagne » 2014-08-10, 9:12

I have also seen the -ak suffix used in terms of endearment, such as jânak and azizak. Mostly from Afghans and Khorasani Iranians, though.

shayshuy

looking for a song

Postby shayshuy » 2014-08-16, 0:58

hi,

i dont know farsi but im looking for a song that my father use to sing us.
it go like that:
"doset daram azizam anoze ke anoze, ___ ken delman inte ___ mabere"

as you can see i dont really know the word of that song.
so i hope you can help me find the name of that song.

best,
shay

danger_dave_2014

Postby danger_dave_2014 » 2014-09-06, 15:46

How to pronounce چیزیت نمیشه? (didn't anything happen to you?):
a) chizit nemishe
b) chiziet nemishe
c) chiziat nemishe
d) other

eskandar
Language Forum Moderator

Postby eskandar » 2014-09-06, 20:42

It's the first one, (a). But it means "won't anything happen to you?" (or "nothing will happen to you" if you remove the question mark). "Didn't anything happen to you?" would be چیزیت نشده؟ chizit nashode?
Tracking my progress here. Please correct my mistakes in any language.

mojnia

Postby mojnia » 2014-10-09, 9:05

danger_dave_2014 wrote:How to pronounce چیزیت نمیشه? (didn't anything happen to you?):
a) chizit nemishe
b) chiziet nemishe
c) chiziat nemishe
d) other

a is correct
چیزیت نمیشه=هیچ اتفاقی برات رخ نمیده= مشکلی پیدا نمی کنی
don't wait until people are dead to give them flower
برای دادن گل به دیگران منتظر مراسم تدفین آنها نباشین

algol

Postby algol » 2014-12-16, 0:09

Greetings everyone, I'm a language and culture enthusiast that unfortunately can't answer a question to a good friend of mine, since I don't really have a good command of one of my dearest language and culture "Farsi".

She ask me to help her to find the meaning of something that her father wrote long time ago before passing away, I don't really know what sensitive is the information there, there are just couple of words.

I will really appreciate your help translating this, since is very important for her.

p.d. Sorry, I forgot to mention it, but her father was From Tabriz, so I'm not sure if is written in Persian or Azeri, but my guess is Persian.

hasan

Postby hasan » 2014-12-16, 10:10

algol wrote:Greetings everyone, I'm a language and culture enthusiast that unfortunately can't answer a question to a good friend of mine, since I don't really have a good command of one of my dearest language and culture "Farsi".

She ask me to help her to find the meaning of something that her father wrote long time ago before passing away, I don't really know what sensitive is the information there, there are just couple of words.

I will really appreciate your help translating this, since is very important for her.

p.d. Sorry, I forgot to mention it, but her father was From Tabriz, so I'm not sure if is written in Persian or Azeri, but my guess is Persian.

hello
I am happy to help you
there is the translation:

I am at home . . . . .I fight with Linda
he or she (in Persian, Personal pronouns don't differentiate different sexes) came home in the evening with Pari (i am not sure about two first word from right in second line: "with pari")

in Persian script:
در منزل بودم با لیندا دعوا کردم
با پری" عصر منزل آمد"

algol

Postby algol » 2014-12-16, 15:00

Hello
I am happy to help you
there is the translation:

I am at home . . . . .I fight with Linda
he or she (in Persian, Personal pronouns don't differentiate different sexes) came home in the evening with Pari (i am not sure about two first word from right in second line: "with pari")

in Persian script:
در منزل بودم با لیندا دعوا کردم
با پری" عصر منزل آمد"

Thanks a lot Hasan, I really appreciate it, it really means a lot to me. Merci.

hasan

Postby hasan » 2014-12-16, 18:35

algol wrote:
Thanks a lot Hasan, I really appreciate it, it really means a lot to me. Merci.

you're welcome
but i must wrote the first sentence in the form of Past Partciple ( "I was at home . . . . I fought with Linda), sorry because my mistake.

algol

Postby algol » 2014-12-16, 19:15

you're welcome
but i must wrote the first sentence in the form of Past Partciple ( "I was at home . . . . I fought with Linda), sorry because my mistake.

Thanks again Hasan, with your observation it will be in Spanish like this: " Estaba en casa....Peleé con Linda.... Ella llegó a casa en la tarde/noche con 'Pari' ".

I think 'Pari' will be a name...or the first letters of a name.

hasan

Postby hasan » 2014-12-16, 20:01

algol wrote:I think 'Pari' will be a name...or the first letters of a name.

yes, Pari is a girl name in Persian

Aóristos
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Aóristos » 2014-12-22, 17:18

Can someone elaborate on the difference in nuance between آهنگ, ترانه and سرود? All I know is that ترانه is supposedly a very specific type of song, and that سرود is used in higher-register language.
Native: American English (en-us) Pizzonese Neapolitan (nap) | Advanced: [none…] | Intermediate: Greek (el) Mexican Spanish (es-mx) Italian (it) Persian (fa) Brazilian Portuguese (pt-br) French (passive) (fr)
Starting: Polish (pl) Urdu (ur) Azerbaijani (az) | Future: Attic Greek (grc) Romanian (ro) Irish (ga) Sicilian (scn) Modern Standard Arabic (ar-arb)

Limagne

Postby Limagne » 2014-12-22, 20:20

سرود translates as 'anthem'.

Now, ترانه is best defined in opposition to :

آواز (free rythm, classical verses, tightly integrated to radif performance)

تصنيف (fixated time signature: 6/8 most of the time, lyrical content inspired by the classics, most were composed between the 1920s and the 1950s and have a patriotic/political undertone)
Examples: مرا عاشقى شيدا, رسواى زمانه

The ترانه is a lighter and more flexible musical form. It is often used to refer to regional songs or love songs from the 1940s and 1950s.
Example: نازنين مريم

آهنگ means tune/melody. Its the most common word for 'modern' songs.

debbiedowner

Postby debbiedowner » 2014-12-30, 2:08

How would I say "today is his birthday"?
?امروز تولد او است or would I use هست?

eskandar
Language Forum Moderator

Postby eskandar » 2014-12-30, 6:34

Both are possible, امروز تولد او است is better. You can replace است with هست in this sentence for emphasis. For example:

علی چرا خوشحال است؟ 'Why is Ali happy?'
امروز تولد او است 'Today is his birthday'

مگر امروز تولد علی نیست؟ 'Isn't it Ali's birthday today?'
چرا، امروز تولد او هست 'Why yes, it is his birthday today'

As you can see in the second sentence the emphasis is accomplished with the use of هست . I should note that all of this is for the formal/written language. In informal speech sometimes the distinction between e (the informal equivalent of ast) and hast can be lost and they get used interchangeably.

nadi

Postby nadi » 2015-01-04, 12:04

امروز تولد او است

آیا امروز روز تولد او است بهتر نیست؟

eskandar
Language Forum Moderator

Postby eskandar » 2015-01-04, 15:39

چرا، راست می‌گویید. «امروز روز تولد او است» بهتر است.

Aóristos
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Aóristos » 2015-01-14, 1:24

در گفتاری می‌‌توان گفت «خونواده» به جای «خانواده» یا فقط «فامیل»؟
Native: American English (en-us) Pizzonese Neapolitan (nap) | Advanced: [none…] | Intermediate: Greek (el) Mexican Spanish (es-mx) Italian (it) Persian (fa) Brazilian Portuguese (pt-br) French (passive) (fr)
Starting: Polish (pl) Urdu (ur) Azerbaijani (az) | Future: Attic Greek (grc) Romanian (ro) Irish (ga) Sicilian (scn) Modern Standard Arabic (ar-arb)

hasan

Postby hasan » 2015-01-14, 9:34

Aóristos wrote:
در گفتاری می‌‌توان گفت «خونواده» به جای «خانواده» یا فقط «فامیل»؟

در زبان گفتاری یا محاوره هر دوی «خونواده» و «خانواده» گفته می شود ولی «خانواده» معمول تر است.‏

فامیل = خاندان

فامیل کلاً برای خویشاوندان درجه ی دوم استفاده می شود مثلا دایی، خاله، عمو، عمه و ... و خانواده های آنها کلا همه با هم فامیل را تشکیل می دهند.

nadi

Postby nadi » 2015-01-15, 13:11

سلام دوستان عزیز. من می‌خوام یه سؤل بپرسم. آیا این جملات در فارسی چه‌طور گفته می‌شوند؟

We were going to have a picnic but it rained and we couldn't.

I would see the boss but he didn't come to the office.

Return to “Persian/Farsi (فارسی)”