[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Mga Awit - Tagalog Songs - UniLang

Mga Awit - Tagalog Songs

Riptide

Mga Awit - Tagalog Songs

Postby Riptide » 2014-06-30, 4:18

A while back, I had a thread for this. Now I want to bring it back. Please post any tagalog/pilipino songs you find (or any other filipino dialect for that matter)! I'm going to try to post songs with different genres to kind of give you all a taste of filipino music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X485yuhyRUE
Artists: Gloc-9 Ft. Regine Velasquez-Alcasid
Song: Takipsilim
Translation: Twilight
Unilang Language Codes
Skype chats (ask to be added):
Austronesian Languages, Romance Languages, and Main UL
Main Languages of focus: Costa Rican Spanish (es-cr) Spanish, Tagalog (tl) Tagalog, Malagasy (mg) Malagasy
Other Languages: Cebuano (ceb) Cebuano, Romanian (ro) Romanian

Lauren

Re: Mga Awit - Tagalog Songs

Postby Lauren » 2014-06-30, 6:22

I was gonna say; "Oh! This is nice", but then the auto-tuned rap part started... :(
     Native:  (en-US)
Advanced:  (eu)
 Learning:  (la)

Riptide

Postby Riptide » 2014-07-07, 2:08

Haha, sorry. I'll try to not post songs with auto-tuned rap in the future. 8-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVxLTOQQoIY
Artist: Cueshé
Song: Pangako
Translation: Promise
Unilang Language Codes
Main Languages of focus: Costa Rican Spanish (es-cr) Spanish, Tagalog (tl) Tagalog, Malagasy (mg) Malagasy

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-07-15, 21:27

Probably all the Tagalog songs I've ever heard so far other than "Bebot" are on SEAsite. :lol: Here's one of them, with a link to the SEAsite pages with the (MP3) recording and the lyrics. :P It's a popular romantic song called "Dito Ba?" This version is recorded by Ms. Christiane Davide Ong:

http://www.seasite.niu.edu/Tagalog/them ... ditoba.mp3

Lyrics: http://www.seasite.niu.edu/Tagalog/Taga ... htm#ditoba

Riptide

Postby Riptide » 2014-07-25, 22:21

Ang galing! Salamat vijayjohn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ROFUVXYK4U
Artist: Kris Lawrence
Song: Torpe
Translation: There's no direct translation, but it describes how a guy becomes shy when he's trying to interact with a girl (especially one he may like).
Unilang Language Codes

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-08-24, 7:10

Riptide wrote:Ang galing! Salamat vijayjohn.

Salamat sa iyo! :) To be honest, I usually find it hard to find Tagalog songs I like. I don't know whether this is true or not, but I kinda get the impression the Spanish destroyed everything in the repertoire of traditional Philippine music besides gong music. :evil: But these songs are pretty good. :D In fact, I think the first song in this thread is my favorite (not including the one I posted :P). :para: :lol:

Anyway, this is a very famous song that's a bit older than us (lol) called "Napakasakit, Kuya Eddie." I just remembered today that I'd heard of this song even though it's not on SEAsite. I learned about it from a National Geographic article on foreign workers in Dubai, where the author talks about a Filipina working there who introduces him to this song. It's a pretty sad song because it's about the difficult lives Filipinos in the Middle East lead, but I like the tune (the video includes the lyrics):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpiGaDrQqz0

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-11-27, 22:43

I posted "Bakya Mo, Neneng" earlier, but I think I'll just post it again because why the hell not. :lol: This video just has the audio, but the video description also has the lyrics. This is another song I found through SEAsite. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTcm1vDHa_k

Return to “South East Asian Languages”