[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Ukrainian terms of endearment - UniLang

Ukrainian terms of endearment

cherrysweets
Country: CH Switzerland (Schweiz / Suisse / Svizzera / Svizra)

Ukrainian terms of endearment

Postby cherrysweets » 2009-04-23, 12:56

Hey guys!
- I'm new 'round here, so hail to y'all! :partyhat:

I'm in necessity of knowing some Ukrainian terms of endearment... It can be the more common ones or the more uncommon and even weird ones! I mainly wished for those guys would say to their girlfriends, but if you add the vice-versa to that would only brighten!

So, any :idea: ?

Oleksij

Re: Ukrainian terms of endearment

Postby Oleksij » 2009-04-26, 10:42

Well, as far as endearments for one's loved one are concerned, here are the ones I can think of:

кохана [моя] /koxána [mojá]/ (fem.), коханий [мій] /koxányj [mij]/ (masc.) - '[my] loved one'

люба [моя] /l'úba [moja]/ (fem.), любий [мій] /l'úbyj [mij] (masc.) - similarly '[my] loved one'

мила [моя] /mýla [moja]/ (fem.), милий [мій] /mýlyj [mij]/ (masc.) - '[my] dear'

крихітка [моя] /krýxitka [moja]/ - '[my] baby' (fem., not used in masculine)

серце моє /sérce moje/ - 'my heart'

серденько /sérdeńko/ - diminuitively 'heart'

Also, welcome to Unilang! :D
Moja ulica murem podzielona - świeci neonami prawa strona, lewa strona cała wygaszona, zza zasłony obserwuję obie strony.
My Youtube Channel
Last.fm

cherrysweets

Postby cherrysweets » 2009-04-26, 11:16

Oh, my!

I thought no one would reply...

Thank you SO much Oleksij! Really do! It was dear from you for not only answering but explaining so well. Thanks! :mrgreen:

Oleksij

Postby Oleksij » 2009-04-26, 13:18

Sorry for being quite late, actually - I guess I'm a crappy moderator. :P
Moja ulica murem podzielona - świeci neonami prawa strona, lewa strona cała wygaszona, zza zasłony obserwuję obie strony.
My Youtube Channel
Last.fm

cherrysweets

Postby cherrysweets » 2009-04-26, 14:09

Not at all!

I actually needed that to fill a character's persona from a story I'm writting with a friend, and we wanted him to be Ukranian, but, unfortunetly, there arent much information on the language in the internet. Not this bits, like terms of endearment he would call his girlfriend by.

So you can see you helped us a lot! :yep:

debounce2

Postby debounce2 » 2011-01-22, 14:02

thanks for the post
I also wish to learn more terms of endearment in Ukrainian I am a native English speaker

I note often words I use in English seem to have the same word in Ukrainian which is annoying because it loses the sublety of what is originally intended
Sweetheart is an example.. I understand it to be Koxana.. it is also Beloved

RCA

Postby RCA » 2011-01-22, 16:36

I’d say sweetheart is rather люба than кохана. Or maybe even сонечко (endearment form of ‘sun’), this word is very common here in Ukraine and is more endearing than люба (which sometimes seems to be rather formal).
'A vita è 'n'affacciata 'e fenesta.

debounce2

Postby debounce2 » 2011-01-22, 17:00

thats my point.. how do they translate? cant see the connection.
ja ne rusomiyu :(

debounce2

Postby debounce2 » 2011-01-22, 17:13

and sonechku is not going to go down to well with the ladies in Lviv :nope:

Return to “Ukrainian (Українська)”