[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Bulgaria and Macedonia - Page 5 - UniLang

Bulgaria and Macedonia

Moderator: gothwolf

Ludwig Whitby

Re: Bulgaria and Macedonia

Postby Ludwig Whitby » 2011-02-09, 9:06

Svet wanted to say that due to the fact that he had been born in Prilep, in the region called Macedonia, he was Prilepian and Macedonian, yet of Bulgarian ethnicity.

Svet

Postby Svet » 2011-02-11, 19:07

Rumpetroll wrote:Svet wanted to say that due to the fact that he had been born in Prilep, in the region called Macedonia, he was Prilepian and Macedonian, yet of Bulgarian ethnicity.

Most precisely, thank you!
Native: Image
Advanced by birth: Image
Fluent: Image Image
Passionate & learning: Image Image

TeneReef

Postby TeneReef » 2011-02-12, 11:35

Bulgarian and Macedonian are like Slovenian and Croatian, they share the same dialect, but the official dialects are different.

Someone from Krapina or Varazdin (Northwestern Croatian, kajkavian speaking) understands Slovenian from Maribor or Ptuj with ease, but to a person from Osijek or Dubrovnik (stokavian Croatia) Slovenian is just as strange as Macedonian or Slovak.

I don't really understand Bulgarian music, but I can understand most of what Macedonian singers sing (Karolina, Elena Risteska, and belated Tose). I'd say that Macedonian is vocalic (maybe the most vocalic Slavic language) like Slovak, and Bulgarian is consonantal like Russian.

Many Macedonian words are same as in Croatian dialects: dojdi (come! in kajkavian); dazd (rain in cakavian).
learning:  (ne)  (sv)  (es-ar)  (hi) (Assamese, Gujarati, Hindi, Telugu)

Svet

Postby Svet » 2011-02-12, 23:03

TeneReef wrote:Bulgarian and Macedonian are like Slovenian and Croatian, they share the same dialect, but the official dialects are different.

Well, historically seen, the comparison is a bit misguided. Just as we've mentioned before, the language spoken in Macedonia these days is not pure Macedonian, it has a lot of Serbian words which you identify and understand, because then they're identical with the Croatian ones.
Native: Image
Advanced by birth: Image
Fluent: Image Image
Passionate & learning: Image Image

Nitrobulgarine

Postby Nitrobulgarine » 2011-06-14, 0:32

Is the discussion dead?!... :lol: Wake up, people!
[flag]bg[/flag] (native) Тученица иде, иде - я, реката стана на море!
[flag]en[/flag] (intermediate-advanced) One of these days I've got to talk to the Prime Minister.
[flag]mk[/flag] (not really speaking but understanding) Сакам да имам повеќе време да ја почувствуваам мојата Македонска крв.
[flag]de[/flag] (beginner) Heute bin ich zu schön. Morgen bin ich klug genug.
[flag]sr[/flag] [flag]hr[/flag] [flag]bs[/flag] (attracted by) Ova lepota je nekako ružna.

Cesare M.

Postby Cesare M. » 2011-07-10, 0:20

n/a
Last edited by Cesare M. on 2011-12-16, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.

TeneReef

Postby TeneReef » 2011-07-11, 17:50

I don't understand Bulgarian.
Bulgarian tv series Staklen dom is being shown here in Croatia, but it's impossible to understand without the subtitles. :? So, I have to switch them on.
On the other hand, I can understand Macedonian very well, something like 90% (even more than Slovenian). :hmm:

Bulgarian pronunciation is very muffled, like Continental Portuguese, and not as vocal-friendly as Macedonian (or Brazilian Portuguese). If Bulgarian people spoke with vowels less closed or clipped (or shwa-like), maybe my understanding of it might approach that of Macedonian (Russian loans notwithstanding).

gothwolf
Language Forum Moderator

Postby gothwolf » 2011-07-14, 12:13

Cesare M. wrote:Здравейте, не говоря македонски много добре, но мисля, че между двата езика, македонският и българският са 90% подобни / сходни, защото много слова думи са казат да дойде от македонски*..... Но мога да бъда неправи Но може и да греша...

*there is no point in this sentence. What do you want to say?

TeneReef wrote:I don't understand Bulgarian.
Bulgarian tv series Staklen dom is being shown here in Croatia, but it's impossible to understand without the subtitles. :? So, I have to switch them on.
On the other hand, I can understand Macedonian very well, something like 90% (even more than Slovenian). :hmm:

Haha, you have watched "Стъклен дом"? I didn't know it's popular outside Bulgaria

TeneReef wrote:Bulgarian pronunciation is very muffled, like Continental Portuguese, and not as vocal-friendly as Macedonian (or Brazilian Portuguese). If Bulgarian people spoke with vowels less closed or clipped (or shwa-like), maybe my understanding of it might approach that of Macedonian (Russian loans notwithstanding).

Yeap, I agree. Macedonian seems to be more "pure" without muffling the vowels...

lothy

Postby lothy » 2012-03-12, 0:40

how about the macedonian from Bulgaria?

Nitrobulgarine

Postby Nitrobulgarine » 2012-03-12, 5:57

The Pirin Macedonians? What about them? Most feel they are Bulgarians. :)
By the way, I'm 1/16 Macedonian (from my great-great-grandmother, I think). :D
[flag]bg[/flag] (native) Тученица иде, иде - я, реката стана на море!
[flag]en[/flag] (intermediate-advanced) One of these days I've got to talk to the Prime Minister.
[flag]mk[/flag] (not really speaking but understanding) Сакам да имам повеќе време да ја почувствуваам мојата Македонска крв.
[flag]de[/flag] (beginner) Heute bin ich zu schön. Morgen bin ich klug genug.
[flag]sr[/flag] [flag]hr[/flag] [flag]bs[/flag] (attracted by) Ova lepota je nekako ružna.

TeneReef

Postby TeneReef » 2012-03-12, 16:08

I understand 90% of what Kaliopi sings, but only 20 % of what Sofi Marinova sings.
I talking of the EurosongS from this year. :P

Arcane

Postby Arcane » 2012-03-12, 16:18

Not surprising. We slur much more than Macedonians. In writing your understanding would be pretty much the same, I guess. Btw, Sofi Marinova is Romani and this might add up to your difficulties. :)

Return to “Bulgarian (Български)”