I have a few comments on имен's post:
- articles in masculine nouns is indeed one of the most common mistakes. However, that only refers to written
text. In speech using either ways (long or short defnite article) is allowed.
- I'm with you that няколко човека
should be considered wrong. However, as far as I know currently this one exactly falls into the exceptions and it is considered correct...
- punctuation is indeed a problem for many natives
I can also think of a few other mistakes:
- mistaking и and й (quite incomprehensible to me):
* when forming the plural form of a noun, e.g. традиция -> традиции (is CORRECT)
, but one could come across традиций (NOT correct)
Actually if the latter would have been correct, it would be pronounced differently.
* that/who - който/които. Both are correct words, but are used and pronounced differentlyТова е човекът, който ме спаси. -> човек, ед.ч. -> който
Намерих книгите, които търсих. -> книги, мн.ч. -> които
* whose - чийто/чиито. Also both are correct, but are used and pronounced differently. To be honest, I also made this mistake a lot in the past.Децата, чийто подарък впечатли учителката. -> подарък, ед.ч. -> чийто. It agrees with подарък and not with децата!
Мъжът, чиито приятели го изненадаха. -> приятели, мн.ч. -> чиито. It agrees with приятелиand not with мъжът!
- using incorrect plural form for 1st person, adding "е". Typical for the region around Sofia, but could also be seen in other places: пуша (1st person sg.) - пушим
(1st person pl), not пушиме
- missing a "т" in female articles: пролет - пролетта
, същност - същността
, помощ - помощта
- when to write single and when to write double "н": особеният
- слято, полуслято и разделно писане (merged, hyphenated and separated words)... those are a total mess to most people, including me kind of. (things like проектозакон, кандидат-студент, ски курорт
- capitalization... often wronged because of English, I guess. In titles only the first letter of the first word should be capitalized (unless it is a name). Days of the week, months, languages - those are NOT capitalized in Bulgarian.
Защо да харчим пари, които нямаме, за да купим неща, които не са ни нужни, така че да впечатлим хора, които не харесваме?
I don't even remember what standard deviation is.
BezierCurve: It's some important part of sadistics, I believe.