[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Նիտալօս, յադեկ յու Վինճաս - UniLang

Նիտալօս, յադեկ յու Վինճաս

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators: Ashucky, Dormouse559

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Նիտալօս, յադեկ յու Վինճաս

Postby hashi » 2008-11-18, 21:03

Finally!

Introduction:
After a few weeks of working towards it, I have finally finished the site for the basic outline to my language called Nithalos. The pages aren't really structured into lessons as it says, but they still give you instructions on the functions of the language.

Please have a look and let me know what you think. Also feel free to post any comments or suggestions (or even spelling mistakes haha).

Link:
http://nith.4fd.us/

Future Developments:
As of yet, I haven't completed the page on Auxiliaries, but that won't be too far off. I also have intentions to place a forum of some description on the site for any direct Nithalos quesions. Also I'm in the process of building and refining my dictionary searching page which will allow you to quickly look up words.

Thanks!
Look forward to hearing feedback.

Jayden
Last edited by hashi on 2010-02-03, 1:06, edited 1 time in total.

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Nïxalos, language of the Vïnčas people

Postby hashi » 2008-11-19, 0:03

Update:
If you are serious about looking into or even just at my language and have some more questions or what ever, you can ask here, OR on the forum I started here. The link is also on the main page now under "tools". I also uploaded my IME for nithalos typing hehe.

Jayden

Kanjese

Postby Kanjese » 2008-11-23, 21:34

wow I like this language

since i learned g language idk if you know it

is it like the Klingon language?

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2008-11-23, 23:21

Uhmm I'm not entirely sure. I've never actually looked into Klingon properly.

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2008-11-23, 23:25

I was bored so I translated a story from the resources on this site. I translated "Where is James?" into Nithalosian. Here it is:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Đeyms ïm Merï nïvam al arïka. kyönaya čenkï yul ïoxu, sankrï ambroxi. yevï, vserđia yul sankrï čakremoxba se! xör, movi al var ön ïkračïba. Đeyms ïm Merï ïkračïyana nala, alon skačil ïk ökroxi učakaya maye yal arïyana nïvam al ïkračïx.
James and Mary are in the garden. The weather is nice today, it is very warm. But yesterday it was very cold! They could not play outside then. James and Mary love to play, they always play together in the garden in front of the big house.

Đeyms marvoxi karma, yöla şyes nasay. marvoxi karna muya bokna, yöla byač nasay. Đeyms marvoxi ïnu öy kabïmoïka, seyča ïnu yov nïvam al arïx. ïnu đya nas könoma ïk ïkračïyana nala. seyča ïnu yul sankrï ureşoxu.
James is a little boy and he is six years old. The little girl is his sister, she is five years old. James has a small dog, the dog is also in the garden now. The dog likes to play with the two children. The dog is very happy now.

Merï yov ïnu öy kabïmoïka? Ben, Merï ïnu öy ön kabïmoïka, şkama nyeka öy. yevï nyeka učak al arïka, mu nekričïka.
Does Mary also have a dog? No, Mary does not have a dog, she has a cat. But the cat is in the house, the cat is sleeping.

Muya kravixï učak al nyeka yik arï, mađo ïbskalï, yim Đeyms ïm Merï ikračïkayana öy mu skalïx. Đeyms ökroxa vuroxi samen ox sučökrï kaşïrïx xör mu Merï yob kakusuïka. yakeba öy bonïmaïx? Merï suvamïka yim muya ruka kebaya maye yal arïka. Mu vrïşa öy ön skamïva yim kađoyerïka. bran? yöla, bran Đeyms samen al bevala arïka?
Their mother is inside the house with the cat, she looks through the window and sees James and Mary playing. James quickly runs to a big old tree, he is hiding from Mary. Do you know why? Mary is sitting and has her hands in front of her eyes. She can't see anything and she is counting. Why does she do that? And what is James doing near the tree?

ïkra xör. Merï kađoyerana ovarïmana yos mu mavarï öy skalïx. Mu Đeyms öy narčïka. skul ox esđïba? Mö mu öy skalïba?
It is a game. When Mary has finished counting she looks around. She is searching for James: where did he go? Did you see him?

Merï Đeymsaya başö öy ön bonïmaïk a. ïnu yox |Mö Đeyms öy skalïba?| öy brosčïx. yevï, ïnu ön vlomïva se! xör, ïnu ön kenđïba. ïnu yik vlomana yos mayel ön kenđïx se!
Mary does not know where James is. She asks the dog: "Did you see James?". But the dog can not speak of course! So Mary gets no answer to her question. People never get an answer when they speak to dogs!

Merï mađoya uşïra yal arïyana kavixï öy skalï, mu vayulïka. Đeyms esđïbayana başö öy kravixï skalïbayana mu amöïka. |Mï yox Đeymsaya başö yob vlomöy!!| mu kravixï ox vlomïx. |Ben, Mö ox vlomama ïken se!| öy kenđïx. mu bonïmayana kreş, yevu mu ön vlomana čas.
Mary looks at her mother behind the window, her mother is laughing. Mary thinks that she has seen where James went: "Tell me where he is!", she says to her mother. "No Mary, I can't tell you!", she replies. Although she probably knows where he is, she does not want to tell.

Merï nïvam ox osmaökrï čöurïx. Mu mala Đeyms öy narčïkayana mïč. Mu ïsu yöva čukuyeya miska yal narčï yevï Đeyms sovi al ön arïka. Mu skuča yal narčï yevï Đeyms öy var ön.
Mary slowly walks through the garden. She is still trying to find James. She looks under the table and under the chairs, but James is not there. She looks everywhere but she can not find James.

şuvöy sanđa öy kïmaï, ökroxa vuroxi samenaya uşïra yib. Đeyms kreş? mave sanđa! Mu sebnarokrï kïmaïx. ön omačöra yil laşnïvoxi bökuxiu. seyča ïökrï kïmaïva. Đeyms kreş se!
Then she hears a sound, it is coming from behind the big old tree. Could that be James? There is the sound again! She listens carefully. It is not a bird or another animal. She can hear it well now. It must be James!

şuvöy marvoxi rukï yov skalï, yim čïkaökrï esđï, muya ačema öy skalïx se! Mu vayulï yim |Mö öy narčïba se!| öy vlomïx. Muva yul ureşoxu yim učak ox esđï xör vrïme öy čaberom ïm nomïx!
Then she also sees a little hand and when she walks closer she also sees his head! She laughs and says: "I found you!". They are both happy and go to the house, it is time to eat something and drink some water!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sean of the Dead

Postby Sean of the Dead » 2008-11-24, 20:35

This makes me want to make my own conlang. :silly:
Also, your website has horrible encoding issues; all of the letters with diacritics are messed up, but i can see them fine on this forum. :P
Main focuses: [flag]kw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag]
Sub focus: Plautdietsch
On my own: [flag]is[/flag]

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2008-11-24, 20:49

Sorruy I forgot to add the encoding metatag to the pages. You can change it to UTF-8 in the tools menu until I get to it, but it shouldn't be long.

Kanjese

Postby Kanjese » 2008-11-27, 23:43

Can you try to make a song in Nixalos.
-I have a Facebook: Shawn Segundo-

Native Language: English
Advanced: Chinese/Japanese

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2008-11-28, 1:01

As in, actually recording myself singing?? :S or just the lyrics?

Kanjese

Postby Kanjese » 2008-11-28, 9:32

Nah.
Just the lyrics.
I don't care how people say the words.
I just like other people's conlangs
:wink:

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2008-11-28, 21:06

Sure, I'll write one up when I've got some spare time and post it yea?
Maybe I might borrow another song and translate it into Nithalos, though thats kinda cheating but I dunno how well my own song'll turn out =S.

[watch this space]

Jayden

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2008-11-29, 2:28

Update:
- My online reference dictionary has been uploaded.
- I have started recording audio samples to some of the examples throughout the site.
- New grammatical features added
- "Where is James?" (Spelling and grammar errors in the version above corrected and annotations)

Jayden

Kanjese

Postby Kanjese » 2008-11-30, 7:22

mrhashimoto wrote:Maybe I might borrow another song and translate it into Nithalos, though thats kinda cheating but I dunno how well my own song'll turn out =S.

[watch this space]

Jayden

Nah...

You can use any song you like that you made up or just a song that you heard before...
I'm fine with that...

Sho

sa wulfs

Postby sa wulfs » 2008-11-30, 10:51

Nithalos

Yay!
http://ungelicisus.blogspot.com
Hrōþabaírhts sa Wulfs | Hrōðbeorht se Wulf | Hróðbjartr Úlfrinn | Hruodperaht der Wolf | Hrôthberht thê Wulf

Kanjese

Postby Kanjese » 2008-11-30, 18:16

sa wulfs wrote:
Nithalos

Yay!

Yay!

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2008-11-30, 19:58

o_____________O

ermm... ok...?

lol

ILuvEire
Link Moderator

Postby ILuvEire » 2008-12-01, 0:32

sa wulfs wrote:
Nithalos

Yay!

Lol, I think that's just the English name.
[flag]de[/flag] [flag]da[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]haw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]
Current focus: [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag]
Facebook | tumblr | Twitter
“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.” —John Waters

Kanjese

Postby Kanjese » 2008-12-01, 2:20

Does the X in Nixalos, pronouced "th"?

ILuvEire
Link Moderator

Postby ILuvEire » 2008-12-01, 4:28

Kanjese wrote:Does the X in Nixalos, pronouced "th"?

Is English really your native language? And yes, it is.
[flag]de[/flag] [flag]da[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]haw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]
Current focus: [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag]
Facebook | tumblr | Twitter
“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.” —John Waters

Kanjese

Postby Kanjese » 2008-12-01, 5:48

yes why?

Return to “Conlangs”