[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Նիտալօս, յադեկ յու Վինճաս - Page 2 - UniLang

Նիտալօս, յադեկ յու Վինճաս

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators: Ashucky, Dormouse559

Kanjese

Re: Nïxalos, language of the Vïnčas people

Postby Kanjese » 2008-12-01, 5:50

and I asked that question because he said Nithalos.
I thought it was a mix up or he was writing the pronunciation of X
-I have a Facebook: Shawn Segundo-

Native Language: English
Advanced: Chinese/Japanese

ILuvEire
Link Moderator

Postby ILuvEire » 2008-12-01, 5:52

Kanjese wrote:yes why?

Because I had to read your previous post a few times to understand what you meant. Where are you from (if you don't mind me asking)?
[flag]de[/flag] [flag]da[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]haw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]
Current focus: [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag]
Facebook | tumblr | Twitter
“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.” —John Waters

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2008-12-01, 20:17

o_O

Just to clear it up..

English Name: NITHALOS
Native Name: NÏXALOS

and yes... <x> is [θ]...........
but I'm not going into the reasoning for that again ><

Jayden

Kanjese

Postby Kanjese » 2008-12-01, 22:28

okay okay I know that.

But I just wanted to know
Thank you

Sho

Kanjese

Postby Kanjese » 2008-12-02, 2:24

ILuvEire wrote:
Kanjese wrote:yes why?

Because I had to read your previous post a few times to understand what you meant. Where are you from (if you don't mind me asking)?

I'm from Hawaii. and I don't mind at all.

sa wulfs

Postby sa wulfs » 2008-12-02, 9:37

Oh, I thought you had given in to peer pressure. Nevermind then.
http://ungelicisus.blogspot.com
Hrōþabaírhts sa Wulfs | Hrōðbeorht se Wulf | Hróðbjartr Úlfrinn | Hruodperaht der Wolf | Hrôthberht thê Wulf

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2008-12-08, 5:19

Ok so it took a little longer than I thought to find a song I wanted to translate.
But, I've translated my current favourite song: Basshunter - I can walk on water, I can fly.
Simply, because it is a simple song to translate and also means a fair bit. I'll include some notes on poetic nithalos after it.

la la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la (x3)

Mave mayel mï neđaöxnï
mï övarï ukrelana čuker ï
mï vođmaya uđe arukïva, lyečamïva
şïnen lyečamana čuker a

Mave mayel mï kaövroxnï
şïnen lyečamana čuker a

la la la la la la la la (x7)

la la la la la la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la (x3)

Mave mayel mï kaövroxnï
şïnen lyečamana čuker a

la la la la la la la la (x4)

la la la la la la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la (x7)

Translation for those who don't know the song:
Mave mayel mï neđaöxnï
şïnen lyečamana čuker a

I will never be the same again
I will keep on fighting till the end
I can walk on water, I can fly
I will keep on flying till I die

Mave mayel mï kaövroxnï
şïnen lyečamana čuker a

I will never be afraid again
I will keep on fighting till the end
I can walk on water, I can fly
I will keep on flying till I die

Technical Notes:
Mave mayel mï neđaöxnï
Unpoetic this would have to have "yul" after "mï". Poetic language tends to leave most particles out.

there should be a "yob" after "övarï" in unpoetic. To keep the rhyming, a nonsense ï was added to the end. As nithalos never has single letter words, a native speaker would know its nonsense. You could almost have it sounding like a kinda of pant or sigh at the end of the sentence which helps it rhyme. It happens in english :P

should be a "yal" particle after "uđe". TECHNICALLY speaking, the pronoun "Mï" should be repeated after the comma, but we'll let it slide :P

şïnen lyečamana čuker a
Once again, the nonsense "a" to keep the rhyme

the last sentence thats different to the rest is:
Mave mayel mï kaövroxnï
just as before, there should be a "yul" after the "mï"

This song believe it or not, is actually singable!!
I did it :)
Sure I had to squish some words up but it works :)

that was a bit of fun ^^

Jayden

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2008-12-08, 5:42

To demonstrate the twisting of words poetically in nithalos, I have also translated the chorus to the Lion King song "In the jungle"

In the jungle, the mighty jungle
The lion sleeps tonight
In the jungle, the mighty jungle
The lion sleeps tonight

đanka yal, uyeröxi đanka
seyča layon nekrïč
đanka yal, uyeröxi đanka
seyča layon nekrïč

In normal nithalos, you should be saying:
đanka yal, uyeröxi đanka
seyča layon öy nekričïx

However, like previously, particles tend to be omitted.

Nekričïx was simply too long to fit the sentence, even in unpoetic language just nekričï would be acceptable but this is still quite a moutful to say quickly. so, the -ičï gets contracted to just -ïč therefore shortening it making it fitable and making it easier to say. There is no definate rule to contracting verbs in poetics, which I guess would make it much harder to decipher.

Jayden

Kanjese

Postby Kanjese » 2008-12-09, 1:02

interesting thank you.

Tailenesia

Postby Tailenesia » 2008-12-20, 6:56

Kanjese
Saingda kibuyo? Lekaleka do bu do tai ya!

Kanjese wrote:interesting thank you.

Kabokabo sai sakin dal. NAGA KAN TIUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2008-12-21, 1:15

前のポースト英語に訳してもらえるん?
Can you translate your previous post into english?

ぜんぜん分からないからだ。
I can't understand it at all.

どうも
Thanks

Jayden

Kanjese

Postby Kanjese » 2008-12-23, 6:33

Tailenesia wrote:Kanjese
Saingda kibuyo? Lekaleka do bu do tai ya!

Kanjese wrote:interesting thank you.

Kabokabo sai sakin dal. NAGA KAN TIUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She said
" Interesting huh? Sometimes you can do better than that!

This really disturbs me. WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2008-12-23, 8:22

Would she like to explain what she means by that?

Tailenesia

Postby Tailenesia » 2008-12-24, 1:40

mrhashimoto wrote:Would she like to explain what she means by that?

NO NEVER!!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2008-12-24, 2:06

To be quite honest, I don't like your attitude. There is no point in posting things that no one can understand or you won't explain. So please don't do it because it is honestly starting to ANNOY ME.

Kanjese

Postby Kanjese » 2008-12-24, 5:05

Really don't worry about it... I'm the only person she knows...
She'll get nicer and nicer I mean it.

sa wulfs

Postby sa wulfs » 2008-12-24, 15:35

mrhashimoto wrote:To be quite honest, I don't like your attitude. There is no point in posting things that no one can understand or you won't explain. So please don't do it because it is honestly starting to ANNOY ME.

Be more positive and try to decipher it. It could be interesting.
Hrōþabaírhts sa Wulfs | Hrōðbeorht se Wulf | Hróðbjartr Úlfrinn | Hruodperaht der Wolf | Hrôthberht thê Wulf

Kanjese

Postby Kanjese » 2008-12-24, 18:12

"decipher it" as in what? find the meaning of the language or the meaning of why she did that?

sa wulfs

Postby sa wulfs » 2008-12-24, 19:29

"Decipher" as in "figure out the grammatical structure and, with any luck, deduce the meaning of one or two words". That should be fascinating, I'd do it if I had the energy.

Kanjese

Postby Kanjese » 2008-12-25, 2:15

If Mrhashimoto would've done that (decipher), Kanjese is impossible to decipher. Every sentence has a different format for different tenses like "I am buying a book in a "normal tense" would be "Soygan koy da suknia" but if you said it with an excited tense, it would be "Soygan kol da suknia chiatia" (Koy and Kol mean buy and Chiatia is what you say when your excited.)

Return to “Conlangs”