[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
Swear Words in your Conlangs - UniLang

Swear Words in your Conlangs

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators: Ashucky, Dormouse559

Ciarán12
Language Forum Moderator

Swear Words in your Conlangs

Postby Ciarán12 » 2012-07-17, 20:00

So, have any of you tried developing swear words in your conlangs? If so, we should get a list going :) .
Some information about the words would be nice, like roughly how bad a word it is, what it's meaning or translation is etc...
Beidh Gaeilge líofa chruinn bhlasta agam nó go bhfaighe mé bás san iarracht!

Llawygath

Re: Swear Words in your Conlangs

Postby Llawygath » 2012-07-18, 1:50

To date, Leafoosish is my only conlang that technically has "bad" words. Historically, Tikolmian did too (conhistory), but now it doesn't anymore because they're too bad.
In Leafoosish, conell is a common interjection/curse. The literal meaning of it is "rabbit", but it derives from the phrase la gonell dell mall (literally, "the rabbit (fem.) of evil"; gonell is just soft-mutated from conell), which means "epilepsy". In my conworld...well, maybe I shouldn't explain. :P Tikolmians once also invoked "the Rabbit", as it's known in my conworld, in vain, but they've decided not to do that anymore because they think she'll hear her name and decide to, you know, stop by. These days, Tikolmian uses takrielel ("guinea pigs"; literally, firemice) as an interjection, and the phrase via zo takrielel-mi "go to the guinea pigs" is roughly equivalent to "go to hell" but without such a clear meaning. If a Tikolmian speaker really feels like being rude, s/he can also say zo tuqsiōl sod-caz rōma "may epilepsy meet with you", but this is not recommended as you will probably be given a permanent silent treatment or at least an ear-piercing session of yelling.
I know, I'm very weird. :roll: This is what you get if you ask me to discuss swear words in my conlangs.

Quetzalcoatl

Re: Swear Words in your Conlangs

Postby Quetzalcoatl » 2015-02-23, 19:38

Miwonša can be a very rude language... Don't read the spoilers if you are easily offended, it's your choice :D

(1) Maškiman khočni nanžiwšai wa krišmai matiwšak!
Translation: I am going to rape your sister on the grave of your mother.

(2) Yežisjanšli pjunsiwa matiwšai lhoro kwasjan cunšlanti wa špjanšpi!
Translation: In order to make your mother pregnant one just needs to cuminto a garbage container.

(3) Maškiman khašči wa krišmai matiwša kručanšak!
Translation: I am going to shit on the grave of your whore mother.

Return to “Conlangs”