[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Ditronó - Page 20 - UniLang

Ditronó

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators: Ashucky, Dormouse559

Levike

Re: Ditronó

Postby Levike » 2015-02-08, 12:12

Naava wrote:Clever, though I have to say I can't recognize any letters. Either you've managed to modify them very well or your handwriting would guarantee you a job as a doctor.
My hand-writing was simply ugly.

Like the letter "a" looked exactly like the number "2" and "t" looked exactly like a capital "L".

If you look at the alphabet, you can see that the letter "t" is a "L" with a 90 degree turn.
Or I used to write the "m" and "n" as simply one lines, exactly like in Ditronian now.
On the stem. -i is the marker of the past tense, so if the stem already has "i", it just merges with the past tense: mietin + i = mietin, soin + i = soin and so on vs. olen + i = olin.
Confusion ensured.

Could it be so because O is a rounded vowel? But then you should also add U...
Does it work that way in Hungarian too?
Makes sense. "út" is easier than "ut".

I think Hungarian also follows this pattern to some extent.
I like your idea about the second/minute/hour etc. But how about phrases like "60 hours and 60 minutes"? Or "seven weeks"?
You simply say "seven sevens".
Like in Hungarian, hét means both "seven" and "week" and we would say "hét hét".

So if it works in a real language then it's okay.

And in Hungarian minute is perc and second is másodperc, so literally "secondary minute".
Same in Greek: λεπτό (lepto) = minute and δευτερόλεπτο (defterolepto) = second.
Hungarian (hu) Nem egy nap alatt épült Buda vára. _______German (de) Wo ein Wille ist, da ist auch ein Weg.
English (en) Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. __Spanish (es) No hay ceguera peor que no querer mirar.
Romanian (ro) Nu întinde arcul până nu este bine aşezată săgeata.

Levike

Postby Levike » 2015-02-13, 1:04

Some new words. :ohwell:

davdó - body ( David's statue by Michelangelo )
vensmiló - arm ( Venus de Milo, the armless statue )
monó - head ( Moai head-statues on the Easter island )
goghó - ear ( Ear of Van Gogh )
rapzeló - hair ( Rapunzel )
etó - finger ( E.T.'s red finger )

gurer - expert ( guru )

upsó - accident ( Ouuupps )
apló - art ( Appolo )
odpó - destiny ( Oedipus was predestined to kill his father and marry his mother, which he did)
delfó - future ( Oracle of Delphi )
karmó - revenge ( Karma )
medzó - statue ( Medusa )
gandó - peace ( Mahatma Gandhi )
igzó - shower ( Iguazu Waterfalls )
aró - war ( Ares - God of War )

gizós - old ( Pyramid of Giza )
tabós - prohibited ( Taboo )

vrigom - to fly ( Wright brothers )
sedom - to replace ( 'sed' command in Linux )
istótlom - to understand ( Aristotle )
sisfom - to repeat ( Sisyphus had to roll a boulder up hill and watch it fall, over and over again)
Hungarian (hu) Nem egy nap alatt épült Buda vára. _______German (de) Wo ein Wille ist, da ist auch ein Weg.
English (en) Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. __Spanish (es) No hay ceguera peor que no querer mirar.

Levike

Postby Levike » 2015-03-13, 21:39

Okay, so again the problem of reflexive verbs.

I simply don't know how to express things like "She washes herself".

1. There are the Romance languages which simply say "I wash me", "You wash you",
and then the "se" thing for 3rd person.
2. There's English or Greek which put the word "self", so "I wash myself" or "eafto mou".
3. And then we have the Slavic ones that have one word like "se" which they put all over the place.
4. Or there's the better option of putting a prefix like "auto", like in to "auto-destroy".

íme virplom mesti - I wash me
íve virplóv vesti - You wash you
íte virplót ? - She washes ?

Koko

Postby Koko » 2015-03-13, 23:53

In Isyan, the definite article suffix is added on pronouns to indicate reflexiveness. This can be placed on either the nominative or oblique form(s).

Simple: Sen daryna.— I hit myself.
Emphatic: San daryna.— It is me who is me/myself.

Similarly, "Pen/poesen darynio" (the first option is specifically reflexive) means "(S)he hits her-/himself." You could employ a similar structure.

Or why not just do as the Slavic languages?
 (it) Correggimi per favore (se lo sbaglio è grave, sennò non correggermi perché potrei correggermelo da solo)  (bg) Българският не е руски  (cs) Jsem krásný jazyk. :D ^^

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2015-03-14, 2:18

Levike wrote:4. Or there's the better option of putting a prefix like "auto", like in to "auto-destroy".
Why is this better?
N'hésite pas à corriger mes erreurs.

Levike

Postby Levike » 2015-03-14, 11:45

Dormouse559 wrote:
Levike wrote:4. Or there's the better option of putting a prefix like "auto", like in to "auto-destroy".
Why is this better?
I think it's more simple to understand as a concept.

Plus, I think most languages do this from time to time.
Like in English you put "self" in front of some verbs or adjectives.

I'll probably do something similar. Either that or I'll take the Slavic version.

Levike

Postby Levike » 2015-03-15, 10:00

Fixed.

The reflexive form of a verb is simply going to be formed by adding "óta" to the front.
Or after the verb.

It comes from the word "auto", so you could say it has Greek origins.

Ótavirplót - It cleans itself.

Lerdót óta. - He is drawing himself.

Zelgóv ja óta! - Protect yourself!

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2015-03-15, 21:05

How is the reflexivity expressed in Hungarian?

Levike

Postby Levike » 2015-03-15, 21:45

voron wrote:How is the reflexivity expressed in Hungarian?
In Hungarian reflexive verbs get different endings like: ödik, özik, ódik, ozik, etc.
Which also change according to person, number and tense.

mos - he washes
mosakszik - he washes himself

kapcsol - he connects (something to something)
kapcsolódik - it connects itself

Or here's a full table:
védekI protectvédekezemI protect myself
védszyou protectvédekezelyou protect yourself
védhe protectsvédekezikhe protects himself
védünkwe protectvédekezünkwe protect ourselves
védtekyou protectvédekeztekyou protect yourselves
védnekthey protectvédekeznekthey protect themselves

Return to “Conlangs”