[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Ditronó - Page 17 - UniLang

Ditronó

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators: Ashucky, Dormouse559

Levike

Re: Ditróno

Postby Levike » 2014-07-17, 12:53

So I didn't really do many on my conlang.
But after watching Game of Thrones and hearing their Valyrian conlang I got a wanderlust for this.

whatwhohow manywherewhenwhy
ho / lego hointler ho? hotavró hokliko hopróma ho / próma lego ho

I changed the question words.
But the one for "how many" is still unknown, because I didn't find a word for "number". :(

I decided to keep the long o /o:/,
but I don't know when to use it, since a want some rules otherwise I'll forget it.
Currently I put it whenever it follows 2 or more consonants.

Ex:
tavró = land /tavro:/
lanstró = family /lanstro:/
zestróm = I have /zestro:m/
Hungarian (hu) Nem egy nap alatt épült Buda vára. _______German (de) Wo ein Wille ist, da ist auch ein Weg.
English (en) Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. __Spanish (es) No hay ceguera peor que no querer mirar.
Romanian (ro) Nu întinde arcul până nu este bine aşezată săgeata.

Levike

Postby Levike » 2014-07-18, 12:50

Is [ts] considered a single sound or the combination of two?
Hungarian (hu) Nem egy nap alatt épült Buda vára. _______German (de) Wo ein Wille ist, da ist auch ein Weg.
English (en) Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. __Spanish (es) No hay ceguera peor que no querer mirar.

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-07-18, 16:20

Depends. With a double inverted breve, it's more specifically one consonant. Without it, at least in the case of English, it can be either depending on the speaker or it's placement.
 (it) Correggimi per favore (se lo sbaglio è grave, sennò non correggermi perché potrei correggermelo da solo)  (bg) Българският не е руски  (cs) Jsem krásný jazyk. :D ^^

Levike

Postby Levike » 2014-07-21, 15:08

I deleted the gender for most of the adjectives to make it sound more normal thus less vowel-ish.

So for example likus/likas/likes/likos -> liks
But I still kept it where it makes pronunciation easier: amprus/ampras/ampres/ampros

And I included [ts] amongst the accepted sounds.

Problem 1: Is thus the opposite of because?
I still don't have a word for these in Ditronian and I'm not sure how to create them.

Problem 2: I don't know how to make the plural for pronouns in Acc, Dat, Gen and Voc.
So which sound better: metsti, metmu, metma, methe or mestit, memut, memat or mehet?

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-07-21, 17:33

ampros could become ampers.

Solution 1: thus is similar to "therefore." So no, not the opposite of because.

Solution 2: I like mestit, metmu, metma, and mehet. Better to my ears, especially mestit: metsti sounds weird.
 (it) Correggimi per favore (se lo sbaglio è grave, sennò non correggermi perché potrei correggermelo da solo)  (bg) Българският не е руски  (cs) Jsem krásný jazyk. :D ^^

Levike

Postby Levike » 2014-07-21, 17:48

Koko wrote:ampros could become ampers.

The adjective itself is ampr- to which I added the gender endings -us/as/es/os.

That could be a solution.
But for the sake of simplicity I won't move letters around 'cause I won't be able to keep track of it.

And it's more interesting this way: some adjectives will have gender while others won't.
Solution 2: I like mestit, metmu, metma, and mehet. Better to my ears, especially mestit: metsti sounds weird.
Done then, I'll put the case ending first and then the plural one.

Solution 1: thus is similar to "therefore." So no, not the opposite of because.

Too bad.

But, instead of having separate words for because and therefore,
could I build them this way:

because = the cause being that
therefore = the result being that

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-07-21, 19:27

That could work (that last thing), but "therefore" isn't always announcing the result; just as "because" doesn't always announce the cause.

Levike

Postby Levike » 2014-07-21, 20:26

I'm dropping the current numbers
to make new ones from logos/flags/coat of arms/other stuff that remind me of those numbers.

Finally completed.

NumbersDitronianSource
0omkróGreek Omicron
1the letter "l" looks like 1
2espóSpanish coat of arms has 2 columns
3meroMercedes logo's circle is devide into 3 parts
4avdóAudi's 4 circles
5olgóOlympic Games
6davdóDavid's star has 6 edges
7erdlóErdély = Transylvania = Seven Castles
8mergó3+5 => meró+olgó
9memró3*3 => mero*mero

Levike

Postby Levike » 2014-07-24, 0:02

Finally I decided to make a definite article:
I'll attach it to the end so it'll resemble Romanian.

BasicWith article
Masculine-ur-urg
Feminine-ar-arg
Neutre-or-org
Inanimate-o-og

And also making these words:
somebodysomewheresometime
ajló intlerajló tavróajló kikló

anybodyanywhereanytime
aja intleraja tavróaja kikló

What I don't know is if these ajló/aja words should function as adjectives or not.
Because if yes then I should put some kind of -s ending.

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-07-24, 3:42

I think it'll be a good idea to leave ajló/aja. They look and sound nice as they are.

Levike

Postby Levike » 2014-07-24, 10:59

Okay, I'm keeping them without special endings.

Just realised that ajló is gramatically wrong, fixing it.

somebodysomewheresometime
kraja intlerkraja tavrókraja kikló

Also creating these, by adding the word for zero.

nobodynowherenever
omkró intleromkró tavróomkró kikló

Levike

Postby Levike » 2014-09-11, 14:10

masculine-ur
feminine-if
neutre-er
inanimate-o

Since I kind of like Greek and I hear it all the time
I ended up liking that its feminine words end in -I.

So I'm changing the Ditronian noun ending to -if.
The f is from the Romanian femeie,
which means woman.

Ex: intlif = woman

Levike

Postby Levike » 2014-09-19, 14:35

Ditronian is going to have words that express feelings just like we use emoticons in written language.

Some of them:

Ahó - :yep: , :) , :D
Nó - :nope: , :( , :cry:
Honó - :whistle: , :silly: , :ohwell:
Hó - :?: , :|
Anó- :doggy:

Borskómut aja legósti ló, ahó!
( Let's go and drink something! :yep: )

If these things actually existed, what would their name be? Or would they be categorised as some weird interjections?

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2014-09-19, 17:07

These sound a lot like discourse particles to me. Conlangery made an episode about them a couple years ago. They start getting into the topic at about 5:00.
N'hésite pas à corriger mes erreurs.

Levike

Postby Levike » 2014-10-07, 22:02

Made names for every country.

Just add the internet domain to the word tavró which means land.

Examples:
(ro) Rotavró = Romania
(hu) Hutavró = Hungary
(pl) Plotavró = Poland
(ru) Rutavró = Russia
(us) Ustavró = United States
(de) Detavró = Germany
(en) Entavró = England

Plotavró jar Hutavró zestrótut prutósti ima rolkó
Poland and Hungary once had a common border.
Last edited by Levike on 2014-10-15, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2014-10-08, 18:59

What happens with country codes like jp, cz and tt?
N'hésite pas à corriger mes erreurs.

Levike

Postby Levike » 2014-10-08, 20:19

Dormouse559 wrote:What happens with country codes like jp, cz and tt?
Good question indeed. :hmm:

Japtavró = Japan (Adding a vowel to facilitate pronunciation)

Tsetavró = Czech Republic (Because Ditronian doesn't even have the letter "c")

tt. - Let's forget about them.

Levike

Postby Levike » 2014-10-16, 18:54

I googled Extremes of Europe and found a couple of maps.
So I finally got an idea how to name the cardinal directions.

North = Rejkó ( Reykjavik is the northernmost capital of Europe )

South = Gavdó ( Island of Gaudos in Greece is the southernmost point )

West = Lisbó ( Lisbon is the westernmost capital of Europe, kind of )

East = ???

I don't really know after what to name the East, any good ideas?

Kshaard

Postby Kshaard » 2014-10-17, 17:28

Ural mountains?
Project Zelia is not dead - it is only sleeping. Long live project permanently unnamed!

Xupaca - Gakxiirou - Tawʒessò - Ōrgadūvk - Maxyrteser

Levike

Postby Levike » 2014-10-20, 16:04

Kshaard wrote:Ural mountains?
Good idea! Urló shall it be.

North = Rejkó
South = Gavdó
West = Lisbó
East = Urló

Also added new words with geographical etymology:

up/high = Ebró ( Ebros mountain in Georgia )
down/low = Turdó ( Turda is a beautiful cave in Transylvania )
around = Karpta ( I live surrounded by the Carpathians )
through = Gibra ( Gibraltar strait )

Return to “Conlangs”