[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Combing conlangs? - UniLang

Combing conlangs?

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators: Ashucky, Dormouse559

ltrout

Combing conlangs?

Postby ltrout » 2015-01-31, 4:05

I am currently creating a Slavic conlang - Vatuzyeka, and I was thinking about combining that conlang with one of my romlangs and see what I could come up with. I was wondering if any of you have thought of it too??
Known/Learning: (es) (us)
Wanting to Learn( help me with it?): (ru) (fr) (de)

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Combing conlangs?

Postby hashi » 2015-01-31, 5:27

Do you mean combining? And do you mean like a con-creole?

Vlürch

Postby Vlürch » 2015-01-31, 10:27

ltrout

Postby ltrout » 2015-01-31, 14:49

hashi wrote:Do you mean combining? And do you mean like a con-creole?

I'm meaning taking grammar and vocabulary from both (or as many of your conlangs as you want) and put them together to make a new conlang.
Known/Learning: (es) (us)
Wanting to Learn( help me with it?): (ru) (fr) (de)

xBlackWolfx

Postby xBlackWolfx » 2015-01-31, 16:33

I often borrow words from my previous conlangs to fill out my newest one. For instance, long ago I made a sketch of a conlang whose word for 'hate' was 'taraka'. Over the years, this word has evolved in a way that ironically resembles actual word evolution. Eventually, it became 'tarka', which gave rise to 'atarku' (the name of a god of destruction in a pantheon I made years ago). Later, it became 'taxka' (x having its ipa value), which I'm leaning towards making into 'taxa' just because the 'xk' cluster is kinda difficult.

So it could kind of help make the conlang look a bit less artificial since it sort of gives it an etymology.

SostiMatiko

Postby SostiMatiko » 2015-02-12, 10:19

for me the worst possible thing in conlanging is combining words from different languages. I you feel too strong an urge for it, do it, but i expect you will feel you wasted your time.
ॐ भूर् भु॑वः सुवः त॑त् सवितु॑र् व॑रेणियं भ॑र्गो देव॑स्य धीमहि धि॑यो यो॑ नः प्रचोद॑यात्

Levike

Postby Levike » 2015-02-12, 10:57

SostiMatiko wrote:for me the worst possible thing in conlanging is combining words from different languages. I you feel too strong an urge for it, do it, but i expect you will feel you wasted your time.
Why, what does it matter what its etymology is?
If you think that's bad, then you would totally hate my conlang, I've done worse. :silly:
Hungarian (hu) Nem egy nap alatt épült Buda vára. _______German (de) Wo ein Wille ist, da ist auch ein Weg.
English (en) Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. __Spanish (es) No hay ceguera peor que no querer mirar.
Romanian (ro) Nu întinde arcul până nu este bine aşezată săgeata.

Return to “Conlangs”