[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Constructed Language Documentary - UniLang

Constructed Language Documentary

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators: Ashucky, Dormouse559

razlem

Constructed Language Documentary

Postby razlem » 2015-03-08, 23:12

Hi everyone!

I've decided to create a short documentary about constructed and invented languages (featuring interviewees like David Peterson, Arika Okrent, and Douglas Bigham), and I'd like to have constructed languages that aren't Dothraki, Esperanto or Klingon.

So if anyone has video/audio of their language that they want me to use, I'd be happy to include it in the documentary! Even something small like Vocaroo will work.

And of course when all the editing is done, I'll post the final product here ^_^

Milo!
Thanks!
"For those language inventors, language was not an enemy to be tamed or reformed, but a muse. And they bowed down before her."
- Arika Okrent

(en-us):: (de):: (es)  (zh):: (cho)  (fi)  (sv)  (ir)
Image Wia wi nehas-kolwatos Angos! Check out my IAL Angos
Image Contributor to the Houma Language Project

Ahzoh

Re: Constructed Language Documentary

Postby Ahzoh » 2015-03-11, 3:21

I could provide something regarding Vrkhazhian, but I don't know what you want...
A native of  (en-CA)
Conlang: Image
Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.46

razlem

Postby razlem » 2015-03-11, 5:04

You can just say something small like "hello, I am speaking (conlang)" or however people in your language's culture would greet each other.
"For those language inventors, language was not an enemy to be tamed or reformed, but a muse. And they bowed down before her."
- Arika Okrent

Fox Saint-Just

Postby Fox Saint-Just » 2015-03-11, 10:40

This projects seems like a good idea to me. I can provide something in Novbasa, if you're interested.
Native:  (it)  (egl) B2:  (en) Intermediate:  (de)  (fr) Curious about:  (ru)  (hy)  (eu)  (nah)  (ga)  (sr)
 (art) Currently developing Ardlang: http://www.unilang.org/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=40076.

Ashucky
Global Moderator

Postby Ashucky » 2015-03-11, 14:45

Well, I've got a couple of Laefêvëši recordings that could be used (one being a quick intro dialogue). :)
Slovenščina (sl)English (en)Italiano (it)漢語 (zh)Español (es)Suomi (fi)Svenska (sv)日本語 (ja)فارسی (fa)Nešili (hit)
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
Največji sovražnik znanja ni nevednost, marveč iluzija znanja.

razlem

Postby razlem » 2015-03-11, 21:00

Fox Saint-Just wrote:This projects seems like a good idea to me. I can provide something in Novbasa, if you're interested.

Ashucky wrote:Well, I've got a couple of Laefêvëši recordings that could be used (one being a quick intro dialogue). :)

Yes please! I'd love to use them ^_^
- Arika Okrent

Ashucky
Global Moderator

Postby Ashucky » 2015-03-12, 1:41

Alright, a short dialogue in Laefêvëši: Dropbox download - Soundcloud

And a short text in Laefêvëši: Dropbox download - Soundcloud

If you need anything else to go with those, let me know.
Slovenščina (sl)English (en)Italiano (it)漢語 (zh)Español (es)Suomi (fi)Svenska (sv)日本語 (ja)فارسی (fa)Nešili (hit)
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
Največji sovražnik znanja ni nevednost, marveč iluzija znanja.

Vlürch

Postby Vlürch » 2015-03-12, 14:27

I'd contribute something, if only I'd worked on any of my conlangs enough to say a coherent sentence. I mean, well, I have one, but it's literally impossible for humans to speak (or at least for me), so... :roll:

Return to “Conlangs”