[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Vietnamese learning resource. - Page 3 - UniLang

Vietnamese learning resource.

Youngfun
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Vietnamese learning resource.

Postby Youngfun » 2014-06-06, 4:03

księżycowy wrote:I just wanted to point out a resource for Southern Vietnamese:
Spoken Vietnamese

Southern Vietnamese? Wow.
I hadn''t see that a few posts above my previous question, there was already the answer! :oops: :mrgreen:

urjkeenz wrote:If you could just find a vietnamese friend to help you with the language, it's would be much more worth it. Vietnamese tends to enjoy the company of a foreigner. :wink:

Well, in my case no... Usually my Vietnamese friends laugh at how badly I pronounce really basic monosyllabic and dysillabic words, and then I don't end up learning anything.

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-06-06, 10:21

Youngfun wrote:
księżycowy wrote:I just wanted to point out a resource for Southern Vietnamese:
Spoken Vietnamese

Southern Vietnamese? Wow.
I hadn''t see that a few posts above my previous question, there was already the answer! :oops: :mrgreen:

Yup. I've also heard that the FSI Vietnamese Basic Course is southern too, but I haven't verified this myself.

At any case, both of these are a bit dated, but they are plenty good enough to get a start. :wink:
þūhte mē þæt ic gesāwe syllicre trēow on lyft lædan lēohte bewunden bēama beorhtost.

BaoKieu

Postby BaoKieu » 2014-06-16, 10:43

I collected a list of Native content resources for Vietnamese learners

I think it will be helpful.
千里之行,始于足下
A journey of a thousand miles starts with one step
Laozi (6th Century BC)

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-06-16, 10:53

księżycowy wrote:Yup. I've also heard that the FSI Vietnamese Basic Course is southern too, but I haven't verified this myself.
Consider it verified. I was flipping through it the other day, and while I don't recall it specifying the dialect, the phonology section makes it pretty clear it's Southern Vietnamese.

I might have the two volumes printed off and bound in a week or two.
þūhte mē þæt ic gesāwe syllicre trēow on lyft lædan lēohte bewunden bēama beorhtost.

Youngfun
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Youngfun » 2014-06-16, 15:09

księżycowy wrote:
księżycowy wrote:Yup. I've also heard that the FSI Vietnamese Basic Course is southern too, but I haven't verified this myself.
Consider it verified. I was flipping through it the other day, and while I don't recall it specifying the dialect, the phonology section makes it pretty clear it's Southern Vietnamese.

I might have the two volumes printed off and bound in a week or two.

Thank you very much! Maybe one day... when I'll decide to study viet...

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-06-16, 15:11

As always, happy to help!

TeneReef

Postby TeneReef » 2015-03-08, 17:38

Is there any decent grammar book of Vietnamese you recommend to learners?
Thanks.
learning:  (ne)  (sv)  (es-ar)  (hi) (Assamese, Gujarati, Hindi, Telugu)

Return to “South East Asian Languages”