[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
the person after me game - Page 402 - UniLang

the person after me game

Moderators: JackFrost, dEhiN

Levike

Re: the person after me game

Postby Levike » 2015-02-12, 22:40

Dead things should be left in peace.
Enough medicine students committed suicide because of Latin.

The person below me always wakes up using the "5 more minutes" method.
Hungarian (hu) Nem egy nap alatt épült Buda vára. _______German (de) Wo ein Wille ist, da ist auch ein Weg.
English (en) Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. __Spanish (es) No hay ceguera peor que no querer mirar.
Romanian (ro) Nu întinde arcul până nu este bine aşezată săgeata.

IpseDixit

Postby IpseDixit » 2015-02-12, 22:48

Yes, but now that classes are over it often becomes 3 more hours.

The person below me will tell use a spice that they hate.

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2015-02-12, 22:57

Lada wrote:Mmm, I don't know other the people here so well enough to make such a comparison, so I'm just lazy like many people on Earth :)

tiuwiu wrote:Yes and No. I've had practice 2 hobbies since I was a little girl more or less since I was 5 years old and I started writing when I was in elementary school. But I also have had (or had had? No) a lot of hobbies/interests I dropped after a few months, such as doing a second sport, or learning an instrument.

The person after me thinks the best lazy hobby is drinking beer (wine/champagne/...) and watching football (soccer/ice hockey/...) on TV. You could also say "…is drinking and watching sports on TV"

IpseDixit wrote:The person after me is able to nominate name at least three of the corporations that make up the Dow Jones (without looking that up on the internet).
If you nominate something/someone, you're proposing that something happen to them, usually that they receive an award. So if you tell someone "Nominate three companies", they will probably respond, "For what?"

Levike wrote:Enough medicine medical students have committed suicide because of Latin.

IpseDixit wrote:The person below me will tell us a spice that they hate.
I don't know of any spice I hate, but I'm not especially experienced with spices, so there's that. I'll just say I don't like spices to be too hot.

The person after me has an internship and will tell us how it's going.
N'hésite pas à corriger mes erreurs.

IpseDixit

Postby IpseDixit » 2015-02-12, 23:07

Nope.

The person after me sometimes has gastro-oesophageal reflux.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2015-02-15, 9:08

No.

The person after me dreams of becoming a writer one day.

Viridzen

Postby Viridzen » 2015-02-16, 0:59

I do, actually, but I'm really horrible at it.

The person after me already is a writer.
Please, correct my errors. S'il vous plaît, corrigez mes erreurs.
C2:  (en) B1: Focusing on:  (fr) (A2),  (got)

Lada
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Lada » 2015-02-16, 9:45

As I write everyday, it means I'm a writer.

The person after me is lost in the whirl of time and space.

i like sunshine

Postby i like sunshine » 2015-02-18, 14:23

Lada wrote:The person after me is lost in the whirl of time and space.

No, I'm not. I'd like to get lost in time and space with the Doctor, but unfortunately it seems to be not my movie.

The person after me is afraid of the Daleks.
correct my mistakes, pls :)

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2015-02-18, 16:43

There is absolutely no reason to be afraid of something that doesn't exist. :nope:

The person after me wants a larger family.

Viridzen

Postby Viridzen » 2015-02-20, 1:27

Not really. I don't see any benefits of it.

The person after me is an appliance.

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2015-02-20, 1:53

Viridzen wrote:The person after me already is already a writer.

It's not entirely wrong, but it definitely feels more natural to put 'already' after 'is' in that sentence.

i like sunshine wrote: but unfortunately it seems to be not my movie.

Huh? Do you mean that you're not in Doctor Who so you can't do that?

Viridzen wrote:The person after me is an appliance.

Do you mean like a washing machine, or a microwave? I am not.

The person after me drinks alcohol at least once every week.

Viridzen

Postby Viridzen » 2015-02-20, 1:57

No. I would never really consider drinking anyway.

The person after me has tasted absinthe.

IpseDixit

Postby IpseDixit » 2015-02-20, 9:34

Yes! It was very good.

The person below me has a pink flying pug that farts rainbows.

Levike

Postby Levike » 2015-02-20, 11:09

If I had one I'd send it to a Korean restaurant.

How much did the person below me have to wait last time his train got a delay.
Hungarian (hu) Nem egy nap alatt épült Buda vára. _______German (de) Wo ein Wille ist, da ist auch ein Weg.
English (en) Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. __Spanish (es) No hay ceguera peor que no querer mirar.
Romanian (ro) Nu întinde arcul până nu este bine aşezată săgeata.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2015-02-20, 15:59

Levike wrote:How muchlong did the person below me have to wait last time his train got a delayed?
I don't even remember. Yesterday evening the shuttle I usually take was delayed about fifteen minutes. Which wouldn't have been so bad had it not been about -18°C outside at the time.

The person below me knows what it feels like to have their nose hairs freeze.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2015-02-21, 13:39

Yes, I remember well that feeling, when it's so cold and my nose hairs freeze together with every breath I take. It's such a strange feeling.

The person after me never wears a cap/hat, even on the coldest days.

iodalach93
Location: originally from Volterra (Italy), studying in Forlì (Italy)

Postby iodalach93 » 2015-02-21, 14:49

I wear a cap/hat ONLY on the coldest days.

The person below me has self-esteem issues caused by his/her group of friends.
Mothertongue: Italian (it) Currently studying/practicing: British English (en) American English (en-US) Russian (ru) MSA (ar) Lebanese Arabic (ar-LB) Studied: Latin (la) Ancient Greek (grc) Speaking some: French (fr) Spanish (es-ES) Catalan (ca) European Portuguese (pt-PT) Brazilian Portuguese (pt-BR) Swedish (sv) Bulgarian (bg) Irish Gaelic (ga) Persian (fa) Beginner in: Romanian (ro) German (de) Icelandic (is) Polish (pl) Hungarian (hu) Lithuanian (lt) Greatly interested in: Sanskrit (sa) Etruscan (ett) Danish (da) Norwegian Bokmål (no-NB) Japanese (ja) Czech (cs) Croatian (hr) Finnish (fi) Tatar (tt) Turkish (tr) Azerbaijani (az) Georgian (ka) Coptic (cop) Hebrew (he) Syriac (syc) Maltese (mt) Armenian (hy-E) Albanian (sq) Modern Greek (el)

Viridzen

Postby Viridzen » 2015-02-21, 19:15

No, my friend (I only have the one) actually makes my self-esteem go up. However, its default state is "miserable". So, it's the opposite.

The person after me never really observes Black History Month.

IpseDixit

Postby IpseDixit » 2015-02-22, 21:36

I don't even know what that is.

The person below me will tell us what their favourite cake is.

Viridzen

Postby Viridzen » 2015-02-23, 5:35

I prefer either cheesecake or ice cream cake.

The person after me is very excited about something.

Return to “English”