[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
a page from a kabbalistic manuscript - UniLang

a page from a kabbalistic manuscript

Moderator: Babelfish

marc2

a page from a kabbalistic manuscript

Postby marc2 » 2015-03-03, 12:27

Hello everybody,
could someone please suggest a romanization and possibly an English translation of the text of this manuscript page (f40 from Sepher Maphteah Shelomo - Book of the Key of Solomon)?
https://archive.org/stream/sefermafteas ... 0/mode/1up

I am particularly interested in the text inside and near the triangle. Also the text inside the circle would be appreciated, as well as any additional information about the overall content of the page.

Thank you in advance!

Babelfish
Language Forum Moderator

Re: a page from a kabbalistic manuscript

Postby Babelfish » 2015-03-06, 17:25

I would suggest that you look up an existing translation... Most of the writing is in a style which I find very difficult to read (possibly Rashi script or another Hebrew cursive typeface). Moreover, the inmost ring around the central circle contains four words: +אלהי++אדני++טטרגרמטון++אגלא+ ; the first two (from right to left) are probably elohay and adonay, referencing God, the third is tetragrammaton spelt in Hebrew, and the fourth I can't even recognize. Perhaps someone here with more knowledge about the subject could help.
Native languages: Hebrew (he) & English (en)

מן המקום בו אנו צודקים לא יפרחו לעולם פרחים באביב (יהודה עמיחי)
From the place where we are in the right, flowers will never grow in the spring (Yhuda Amihay)

Return to “Hebrew (עברית)”